Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Water quality testing
Quote | Reply
I'm curious what is involved in testing water quality both in pools and in lakes. Are there tests that I can do myself?

There is a pool in my condo, last year I got a flesh eating bacteria that got into a small cut and gave me a small scar on my face. Not the end of the world but not great and I'd rather it didn't happen again. Also I'd like to be more confident, informed in the water quality when I'm swimming open water. Are there testing supplies I can buy and use without breaking the bank or needing a chemistry degree.
Quote Reply
Re: Water quality testing [mmmike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I posted about this a few years back. Let me hunt for it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Water quality testing [M Ernst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Thanks. I think this is the key document from one of the links there http://www.deq.state.mi.us/...wq-beach-rvsdman.pdf. I'll take a read.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Read "Toms River" by Dan Fagin, then decide whether your local water quality is as reported by the local/state authorities. Since our roads, bridges, schools, and other infrastructure are in such bad repair why would states and municipalities actually spend money on any significant water testing? I remain very skeptical.... The number of possible pollutants, carcinogens, mutagens, etc. far outnumber the testing protocols I've seen.

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply