Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Watch out for Salmon at Mirror Lake
Quote | Reply
I was training at Lake Placid last weekend and noticed a lot of people swimming the course on Mirror lake in the opposite direction the course. I hit head to head with one guy and it hurt. I asked him why he was swimming in the wrong direction and he said, "people swim it in both directions" That seemed to make sense to him. Being salmon here with swim line, it is very dangerous. I was swimming clockwise with the line on my right.
After I stopped seeing stars and calmed down I tried to figure out why people would the swim the course in the wrong direction and couldn't come up any reasons. Anyone have any ideas?
Last edited by: Bifff: May 31, 16 13:27
Quote Reply
Re: Watch out for Salmon at Mirror Lake [Bifff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe they hadn't been to town since the last mass start? We raced it counterclickwise in 2010.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you should work on your sighting. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Watch out for Salmon at Mirror Lake [TriTamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your are right, I do need to work on my sighting, and my vision isn't that good, which is why I'm racing IMLP. It is the only course I know that has a lane line so I don't need to sight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2001,2002,2006 was counter clockwise. Has it ever been clockwise?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lol that really limits your course choices
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ehhh Biff did you finish the second coat like I asked you to? Ahhh Biff what a character always trying to get away with something.

Never heard the word Salmon used like this. It wasn't that guy's fault by the way. It was no one's. He showed up like everyone else and saw people swimming in both directions. That's precisely what one would expect barring a sign or an authority figure telling them which way to swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bifff wrote:
I was training at Lake Placid last weekend and noticed a lot of people swimming the course on Mirror lake in the opposite direction the course. I hit head to head with one guy and it hurt. I asked him why he was swimming in the wrong direction and he said, "people swim it in both directions" That seemed to make sense to him. Being salmon here with swim line, it is very dangerous. I was swimming clockwise with the line on my right.
After I stopped seeing stars and calmed down I tried to figure out why people would the swim the course in the wrong direction and couldn't come up any reasons. Anyone have any ideas?

It's like the indoor track at the Y. They like it if people go both ways to make sure they don't wear out the swim course unevenly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Biff , I hit the same guy as he said the same to me , literally head butted him
He seemed to take offence when I told him he was a Fuckin idiot
Quote Reply
Re: Watch out for Salmon at Mirror Lake [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TJ56 wrote:

The first one in 1999 (when it was called IM USA) was counter clockwise.

Thank goodness for the "lane line" :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Watch out for Salmon at Mirror Lake [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HandHeartCrown wrote:
TJ56 wrote:

The first one in 1999 (when it was called IM USA) was counter clockwise.

Thank goodness for the "lane line" :-)

1999-2012 was all counter clockwise. 2013 rolling start onwards it went clockwise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bifff wrote:
I hit head to head with one guy and it hurt.

In that case wearing your bike helmet could be a solution. Just make sure it is "hydro" enough, haha.
Quote Reply