Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Washington DC Area (South) LBS w/ Fit Bike recommendation
Quote | Reply
I've checked the ST database but was wondering if anyone could recommend a LBS or local fitter with a fit bike.

thanks,
Eric

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Washington DC Area (South) LBS w/ Fit Bike recommendation [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris Richardson at Bike Doctor in Waldorf
Quote Reply
Re: Washington DC Area (South) LBS w/ Fit Bike recommendation [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK thanks!

I guess I should have said "northern Virginia" instead of southern DC... shows that I'm not from around there!

rijndael wrote:

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Washington DC Area (South) LBS w/ Fit Bike recommendation [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clovis @ Freshbikes in Arlington.
Quote Reply
Re: Washington DC Area (South) LBS w/ Fit Bike recommendation [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks again!

rijndael wrote:
Clovis @ Freshbikes in Arlington.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hold on .... I don't remember if they use a trainer bike or have a fit bike.

Is this related to your post about renting a fit bike? If so, the recommendations may be different if you want a bike shop with a fit bike, or if you're looking for a fitter with a fit bike. I know my list is a little different for that case.
Last edited by: rijndael: Jun 29, 16 3:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes looking to rent time on a fit bike

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, I have something for you then, I'll PM you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Parvilla Cycles has two locations (Edgewater, MD and Bethesda, MD) with Guru DFU fit bikes and Retul, these would meet your needs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bonzai in NoVa. Went for the roadshow, and will go back. -J

----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is tough. But it's tougher when you're stupid. -John Wayne
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go see Dave Luscan in Richmond
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto on Clovis at Freshbikes in Arlington. Have had a few bikes fitted by him.
Quote Reply
Re: Washington DC Area (South) LBS w/ Fit Bike recommendation [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this is very good to know, as Dave is a forum member

thanks

kileyay wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericM40-44 wrote:
this is very good to know, as Dave is a forum member

thanks

kileyay wrote:

I've made the drive to Richmond from NoVA to see Dave.

Now a little closer to NoVA is Haymarket Bike Studio in The Plains-Jared Nieters is owner/super cyclist. He has a fit bike there and the studio shares space with a good coffee shop!
Quote Reply
Re: Washington DC Area (South) LBS w/ Fit Bike recommendation [Skippy74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about North of DC in the Baltimore area? I have an IA10 on which I'd like to optimize my fit.

Much appreciated,
Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Washington DC Area (South) LBS w/ Fit Bike recommendation [mbende12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have NO personal experience up that way BUT have heard good things about Bike Doctor-not exactly Baltimore but north of DC and not far from Baltimore
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rijndael wrote:

Seconded.
Quote Reply
Re: Washington DC Area (South) LBS w/ Fit Bike recommendation [mbende12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mbende12 wrote:
What about North of DC in the Baltimore area?

Not quite Baltimore, but Stu Waring at Parvilla in Bethesda.
Quote Reply
Re: Washington DC Area (South) LBS w/ Fit Bike recommendation [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Make the trip to Bike Doctor Waldorf. Chris Richardson's fits are worth the trip!
Quote Reply