Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Was there a death at the Boston Marathon?
Quote | Reply
I started with the old and slow folks at 11am and just after I passed the 19 mile marker I saw a man laying on his back in the middle of the road. There were cops and rescue people doing CPR on him. There was no mention of this (that I could find) in the Boston Globe or on the local tv stations. It has been reported that 160 people were transported to hospitals that day. There has been a huge amount of local and national coverage of the race and it has all been very positive, I am wondering if the media is keeping this quiet in the interest of not tarnishing the shine of this day. Does any one out there in Slow Twitch Land know any thing about the out come of this incident? Tim
Quote Reply
Re: Was there a death at the Boston Marathon? [cervelorider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know if it who you saw, but I know a runner who collapsed at about that point, he would have been wearing a yellow singlet. I don't know the details but do know that he is ok.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cervelorider wrote:
, I am wondering if the media is keeping this quiet in the interest of not tarnishing the shine of this day. m

Really????

I *heart* weak, dumb ass people...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think if someone did die it would be good if it wasn't plastered all over the media. No reason to except for morbid public interest. If I was to die at a race at most I'd just want a short obit, not some national story.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump
Quote Reply