Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Want to race the 2015 new Marathon in BORDEAUX (France) ?
Quote | Reply
I've traveled a lot in the US, for studying english(when young), have raced 4 ironman there, and have spent much time on vacation also.I rent apartments, went in hotels, did Airbnb and sometimes found nice people to give me(us) accommodation just for friendship(excepting in Miami last April!)
Because I 've met so nice people in the US, just for friendship, I'd like to offer accommodation for an individual or couple that want to race the new marathon in the beautiful city of Bordeaux in April 2015. We live 5 minutes from the airport and 5 minutes from the starting line of the race.
We live in a clean little house , one bed is available.
(Notice I'm found of Sports and involved in ultra-triathlon.)
If you're honest and kind people interested, let me know!

4 x Deca-ironman
Quote Reply
Re: Want to race the 2015 new Marathon in BORDEAUX (France) ? [FRENCHY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Les Bordelais sont sympas!
The race is in Merignac then?
Not climbing the Dune du Pyla I guess.

Is Merignac Soleil mall still open?

Is wine included in this generous offer? If so, I'll have some Cheval blanc and some Chateau Eyquem for lunch with some Cepes mushrooms and duck magret.
Croissants and chocolatines for breakfast with Canelés for my aid station snack would also be great!

On a serious note, Bordeaux is a beautiful town and the suburbs can also be incredible with some hidden hills and great vegetation ( superb pine forests) and lots of little boutiques, stores and grocers (aid stations can be limited why not supplement with a braised duck breast sandwich with some Sauternes?).
So much to see and to do before and after the race!!!

Bravo à toi pour cette offre généreuse!
Allez Bordeaux (et les Girondins aussi)!

If ths guy lives in Merignac it could be a jackpot for whoever is going there!

Only fools never change their minds and I'll never change my mind about that.
Last edited by: Bancarel: Aug 30, 14 13:26
Quote Reply
Re: Want to race the 2015 new Marathon in BORDEAUX (France) ? [Bancarel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Bancarel
Yes I live in Merignac
Je suis supporter des Girondins de Bordeaux, où a joué un Bancarel il y a quelques années, c'est toi?

4 x Deca-ironman
Quote Reply
Re: Want to race the 2015 new Marathon in BORDEAUX (France) ? [FRENCHY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Born and raised in Bordeaux now living in Canada.
11 ans déjà... And yes, I am a Bordeaux fan!
Marine et blanc allez!
Bancarel was my tragic hero, I caught countless missed shots over the bar when I used to go to the Virage Sud.

Make sure you bump your thread every now and then to let the ST crowd know about your generous offer.

Only fools never change their minds and I'll never change my mind about that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aloha :)

Found your post after searching for information from anyone running the Bordeaux Metropole marathon on 18, April. My fiancee and I are from Hawaii and are registered to run this race before getting married the following week in Italy.
It will be my first marathon and her 6th marathon (first marriage for both of us...hahaha).

While we already secured a flat near the start line via Airbnb back in November I just wanted to say "mahalo" for such a wonderful offering to the community of athletes that will be visiting your city :).

We have never been to Bordeaux but are very excited to experience the city and the night time event! Being a novice runner I'm not connected to any running forums, clubs, etc...so finding people that are running the race has been a challenge.

Are you running the marathon? As a local I'd love to hear what you think of the course they have planned. Any tips/advice would be welcome :)

Au revoir!
Greg

sadly...that is the full extent of my French... :(
Quote Reply
Re: Want to race the 2015 new Marathon in BORDEAUX (France) ? [gehawaii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aloha Greg,
I am ashamed !
Not having any answer for a long time to my request , I finally did not take a look at this post after a while.
I am very sorry, it would have been a pleasure to help you.
Did you finally come and ran the marathon?
It was rainy that day .We say in french : wet wedding = happy wedding!
I hope everything went fine for you and that you had fun in Europe. Next time you come to Bordeaux , just let me know.
I did not run that marathon because I'm beginning the training for my next ultratriathlon( decaironman) and I don't do any other race in the preparation(not to get injured and to keep the faith for triathlon !)ahahaha
I wish you the happiest with your beloved
francis
ps: you can contact me( i will check !)

4 x Deca-ironman
Quote Reply