Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wahoo kickr gates belt rubbing off?
Quote | Reply
I was just getting pretty happy with my kickr now using it with my srm. However I noticed some black rubber on the ground. Has anyone had issues with the gates belt rubbing off a little rubber?
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo kickr gates belt rubbing off? [trisport4all] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
when I removed the side cover to retension my belt I also noticed a little bit of rubber fragments, it appears the edge of the belt was just touching the cover or the other side.
It was not much so I don't think it is an issue.

trisport4all wrote:
I was just getting pretty happy with my kickr now using it with my srm. However I noticed some black rubber on the ground. Has anyone had issues with the gates belt rubbing off a little rubber?
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo kickr gates belt rubbing off? [lennyk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you remove the cover, does it look like the belt is user replaceable? I always wondered about the belt breaking...
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo kickr gates belt rubbing off? [nightfend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes

nightfend wrote:
When you remove the cover, does it look like the belt is user replaceable? I always wondered about the belt breaking...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah it does sit towards the side of the cassette - it almost looks like there is a piece damaged under the belt - doesn't prevent the use - I just wonder if it will keep wearing down until it's gone. Makes a bit of a mess of rubber dust.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my belt just snapped a few minutes ago... very uynhappy bunny here! and there seem no way to find replacement part or articles about them on the web.... anyone knows about this? Or the belt schematics?
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo kickr gates belt rubbing off? [Marcobagg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Contact Wahoo, they will send one for you,
I bought one from this company as they took a few days to respond to my email
same belt.

http://www.andymark.com/product-p/am-2570.htm

Marcobagg wrote:
my belt just snapped a few minutes ago... very uynhappy bunny here! and there seem no way to find replacement part or articles about them on the web.... anyone knows about this? Or the belt schematics?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks I have emailed them and also ordered a couple of spare belts online. What I wonder is whether it was a one off incident due to a less than perfect belt tension from the outset or a recurrent wear and tear thing ....
How many hours had you pout on the Kickr when yours snapped? Did it ever happen again?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine busted because I was tightening it in order to trick the kickr into recording the proper power output as they are notoriously 20-30w off.

I have mine pretty loose now as I use the trainerroad ant+ power meter control instead.
I have spindown of around 22 secs which gives a nice road feel too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the input. How does the TrainerRoad controller resolve the issue of the Kicker being 20-30 Watts "softer"?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the issue is that the kickr reports higher wattage than what is actually being produced by you or the electronic resistance of the unit.

trainerroad fixes this issue by using your powermeter as the measuring device instead of the kickr and it uses those figures to
raise/lower the resistance of the kickr accordingly. Works well.

you need to have an ant+ power meter though.

Marcobagg wrote:
Thanks for the input. How does the TrainerRoad controller resolve the issue of the Kicker being 20-30 Watts "softer"?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lennyk wrote:
Contact Wahoo, they will send one for you,
I bought one from this company as they took a few days to respond to my email
same belt.

http://www.andymark.com/product-p/am-2570.htm

Marcobagg wrote:
Andymark! They're primarily a robotics supplier for high-school-level robotics competitions. Very strange seeing them here. If you need to build yourself an electronic trainer from scratch, you can probably find the parts to do it there :-)

STAC Zero Trainer - Zero noise, zero tire contact, zero moving parts. Suffer in Silence starting fall 2016
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Lenny, makes sense and great tip!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dang, I thought I had followed your directions carefully enough by pre-loosening the belt before adjusting it, but I guess not. My belt just broke after many months and miles of happy use. I don't feel like it is quite fair to make Wahoo pony up for a replacement, so wanted to double check that the one you linked to here from andymark worked out for you. Any trick to installing it, or is it straightforward? Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo kickr gates belt rubbing off? [jbank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, working very well.
Still have the one Wahoo sent as a spare.

It is pretty straight forward to install you will need to loosen the tensioner.

jbank wrote:
Dang, I thought I had followed your directions carefully enough by pre-loosening the belt before adjusting it, but I guess not. My belt just broke after many months and miles of happy use. I don't feel like it is quite fair to make Wahoo pony up for a replacement, so wanted to double check that the one you linked to here from andymark worked out for you. Any trick to installing it, or is it straightforward? Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried a different brand of belt? This one has good reviews and looks compatible:

http://www.amazon.com/...p;smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Quote Reply