Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wahoo KICKR issue - anyone seen this one before?
Quote | Reply
First of all, I want to be clear I'm asking if anyone has seen this issue and resolved it somehow; I'm not trying to slam the company or conduct a trial by internet. I have a ticket in to support, but would like to know ASAP if this is going to require it going back for service.

It starts out behaving mostly-OK, then as soon as the ramp hits, instead of smoothly loading up it starts going up by steep peaks and valleys. Below is the workout we saved the output from, but it happened multiple times, including restarting PeriPedal and unplugging the trainer, and removing and re-inserting the ANT+ stick. Calibration worked fine for my workout on Saturday (this is my girlfriend's workout), but when we tried it just now, it spun down MUCH too quickly and never completed the calibration.

Any help would be much appreciated; this is in her build for 70.3 worlds.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo KICKR issue - anyone seen this one before? [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suspect it's an ant+ signal reception issue. How far is your ant+ stick from the trainer?

Wifi and bluetooth signals both share the same 2.4GHz bandwidth and may cause interference.

You may want to invest in an USB extension cable and bring the ant+ stick closer to the Kickr. I experienced signal dropouts before and this is how I fixed it. Haven't had any issues since.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree, the only time I've ever had an issue with in consistent power was when my comptuer/ant stick was too far from the trainer and the ant signal was dropping out. Otherwise give TrainerRoad a go. I use it exclusively with my Kickr.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo KICKR issue - anyone seen this one before? [over9000!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys! I'll check, but the trainer and ANT+ stick were exactly the same as I've always used them without issue, and the facts that the issue begins only when the workout ramps up and the calibration spins down much too quickly make me suspicious. I'll try again this afternoon and see if I can make it work better with the stick moved. Sadly, don't have a USB extension handy, and don't have time to run around BB and Target looking for one today.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just to cycle back on this one in case someone else gets the same thing, the issue was a bad ANT+ stick. It didn't work no matter how close it was, but swapping from the stubby always-in one to the old 1.5" one resolved everything.

Quote Reply