Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wahoo Bolt or Garmin 520
Quote | Reply
So I have a Joule GPS+ and until recently had powertap hub but now that I dont if my GPS signal is lost then my ride time stops even if in a fun ol' interval. Powertap said I can add a speed sensor to fix but honestly I dont want to they are lame.. haha

So I am lookng at Bolt and the 520, if only one of them will keep recording based on power or such I will pick as such but what I would ask if that does anyone know if this is an issue with either of the units?

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Bolt or Garmin 520 [MattQ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Edge 520 and a Powertap hub. No issues. The 520 keeps recording during an interval session, even without a GPS signal. In fact, there is an "indoor" mode you can set to avoid searching for GPS signal if you are on your indoor trainer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No idea on the Bolt. But I know that when I raced with my 520 in Norseman, which has a few tunnels (including one that is almost 2km long) where you lose GPS, the timer kept going the whole time.

I don't know what would have happened if I stopped pedaling. But I do know that the 520 has an accelerometer (as well as GPS; this is what it uses for incident detection) and I think that may also be part of how it determines if you are moving or have stopped even if it doesn't have a GPS signal.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Bolt or Garmin 520 [RichardL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have powertap any more which is why issue has popped up
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They both have auto-stop settings based on speed. You can turn it off or on.

/ end thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Bolt or Garmin 520 [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jordan- do you have your auto pause on or off
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MattQ wrote:
Jordan- do you have your auto pause on or off

Auto-pause is on.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My 520 was giving me an increasing number of dropouts, mostly under tree cover. I also had a lot of mid-ride/interval reboots. I replace it with a Bolt and have been quite pleased. Being able to change the settings through a mobile app is a really nice feature.
Last edited by: rijndael: Sep 2, 17 14:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was a thread on same topic a few weeks ago: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...F_P6397620/#p6397620

I've had half a dozen or so Garmin devices. Bought a Bolt and it's best sports computer I've ever had. My only gripe when I bought it was lack of ANT-FEC control of trainers other than a Kickr. But they fixed that. I literally have zero gripes in the 3 months I've owned it.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Bolt or Garmin 520 [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blueapplepaste wrote:
There was a thread on same topic a few weeks ago: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...F_P6397620/#p6397620

I've had half a dozen or so Garmin devices. Bought a Bolt and it's best sports computer I've ever had. My only gripe when I bought it was lack of ANT-FEC control of trainers other than a Kickr. But they fixed that. I literally have zero gripes in the 3 months I've owned it.

Same here, bought a bolt and love it. The zoom in feature is great!!
Quote Reply