Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
WTS starts this weekend...
Quote | Reply
Here's my quick plug for the best live triathlon coverage in the sport and reminder the first series race starts this weekend in Abu Dhabi. I'm in no way associated with ITU but am simply giving my recommendation as a fan. The annual sub. is worth every cent and USAT members get a discount. It's always a whine-fest in here when WTC offers sub-minimal pro race coverage, so just understand they're not the only player in town (granted it's a different format race).

Will Jorgo stay healthy and dominate up to the Rio Olympics? Will one of the Brownlees be able to beat out Javier in the series? Will Gomez go on to be the most accomplished triathlete in history? I'm psyched.
Quote Reply
Re: WTS starts this weekend... [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. Great coverage, great races and I can watch them anytime all year long.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reminder!

"Just don’t abandon everything you’ve ever learned because of something someone said on the internet." - Eric McGinnis
Quote Reply
Re: WTS starts this weekend... [ScottWrigleyFit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know why Alistair Brownlee isn't racing? It seemed like both he and Johnny were going but he is not on the start list.

http://wts.triathlon.org/...lon_abu_dhabi/270293
Quote Reply
Re: WTS starts this weekend... [ilanias] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heard it was an ankle injury when it was reported he was pulling out yesterday

Team Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haven't heard, but I can only assume an injury. Those pace those guys run in training tends to take a toll on the body.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can anyone tell me what country the season pass charges to? I sent an email to triathlon live support and am waiting on a response. Since it is a foreign company, my bank won't approve the charge unless I fill out an application prior and I have to have the entity and country the charge will be from.

Last year I tried to purchase a single race pass without filling out the form and the charge was denied by my bank. Frown

"Just don’t abandon everything you’ve ever learned because of something someone said on the internet." - Eric McGinnis
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Timtek wrote:
Here's my quick plug for the best live triathlon coverage in the sport and reminder the first series race starts this weekend in Abu Dhabi. I'm in no way associated with ITU but am simply giving my recommendation as a fan. The annual sub. is worth every cent and USAT members get a discount. It's always a whine-fest in here when WTC offers sub-minimal pro race coverage, so just understand they're not the only player in town (granted it's a different format race).

Will Jorgo stay healthy and dominate up to the Rio Olympics? Will one of the Brownlees be able to beat out Javier in the series? Will Gomez go on to be the most accomplished triathlete in history? I'm psyched.

Excited for another year of ITU action, hands down the best way to watch triathlon live. It will also be fun to participate in their fantasy league of sorts, hopefully I can do a bit better this year.

Such a cheap price to pay for such great coverage. I don't get it, people always say what needs to be done to make triathlon viewing live and exciting, ITU is well on the path to doing just that, especially for the sprints and relay races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ScottWrigleyFit wrote:
Can anyone tell me what country the season pass charges to? I sent an email to triathlon live support and am waiting on a response. Since it is a foreign company, my bank won't approve the charge unless I fill out an application prior and I have to have the entity and country the charge will be from.

Last year I tried to purchase a single race pass without filling out the form and the charge was denied by my bank. Frown

I'm not sure if this is the exact reason, but I'm also having trouble paying for the annual pass too. My debit card keeps getting denied.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ilanias wrote:
Does anyone know why Alistair Brownlee isn't racing? It seemed like both he and Johnny were going but he is not on the start list.

http://wts.triathlon.org/...lon_abu_dhabi/270293

I'm pretty sure that Alistair also said he was healthy and in good shape not too long ago at the London Triathlon Show.

Regarding others not racing...What happened to Joe Maloy? He was originally supposed to start at Abu Dhabi but it appears Alan Webb has replaced him.
Quote Reply
Re: WTS starts this weekend... [bcagle25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The official explanation is that Alistair has hurt his ankle. I believe the truth is more to do with him realising that his longer term goals are better met by going straight to Auckland. His primary focus this year is the Rio test race which is not even part of the World Series, followed by Chicago, at both of which he needs to podium to win Olympic selection. The world series has to be fitted around this and he is conscious of not exhausting himself too early. Hence the withdrawal.
Quote Reply
Re: WTS starts this weekend... [C_Hassard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At least we have another couple of days to get it figured out! Last year, I waited till 10 minutes before the race and was out of luck!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could you buy a prepaid credit card and try that? I see those at grocery stores here all the time.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For those in the USofA with a cable package that includes Universal Sports, here is the 2015 broadcast schedule:

http://universalsports.com/...lon-series-schedule/

The races (except for the finals) are shown delayed, but still I find it convenient to DVR them and then watch while on the trainer. The only tricky part is avoiding spoilers before you get to watch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How are people watching these events on their TVs? Apple TV with iPad/iPhone? Laptop hooked up to TV via HDMI? I'd ultimately like to have these on my Samsung Smart TV somehow.

Any help would be appreciated!

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Last edited by: cshowe80: Mar 3, 15 10:05
Quote Reply
Re: WTS starts this weekend... [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cshowe80 wrote:
How are people watching these events on their TVs? Apple TV with iPad/iPhone? Laptop hooked up to TV via HDMI? I'd ultimately like to have these on my Samsung Smart TV somehow.

I used laptop to TV via HDMI cable until I bought an AppleTV, so now I use that with the iPhone or iPad.

IG: idking90
Quote Reply
Re: WTS starts this weekend... [iank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iank wrote:
cshowe80 wrote:

I used laptop to TV via HDMI cable until I bought an AppleTV, so now I use that with the iPhone or iPad.

Would the ChromCast dongle work with an iPhone to send to the TV? They are about half the price and this would be the only thing I use it for (Triathlon Races) so I assume the Chrome Browser on my iphone would work to stream video that is on my device to the TV?

------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is a great idea! If I don't get a reply from them by Friday I will try that!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I called my bank's customer service and they told me it was being denied because it was viewed as an international purchase and they prevented it in case of fraud. They cleared it up and made it available to purchase for me without any problems.
Quote Reply
Re: WTS starts this weekend... [agg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
agg wrote:
For those in the USofA with a cable package that includes Universal Sports, here is the 2015 broadcast schedule:

http://universalsports.com/...lon-series-schedule/

The races (except for the finals) are shown delayed, but still I find it convenient to DVR them and then watch while on the trainer. The only tricky part is avoiding spoilers before you get to watch.

I added the sports pack last year for this very purpose. And to hear Barrie Shepley's commentary. I just love watching this live. Very thrilling!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just paid again for the live coverage. 20% discount.

I love their races.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cshowe80 wrote:
iank wrote:
cshowe80 wrote:

Would the ChromCast dongle work with an iPhone to send to the TV? They are about half the price and this would be the only thing I use it for (Triathlon Races) so I assume the Chrome Browser on my iphone would work to stream video that is on my device to the TV?

I've never tried to stream from the WTS broadcast, but in my experience the Chromecast dongle is buggy, frustrating, and unreliable. It seems like every time they update the software, it doesn't work for half of my apps for days at a time. And the software updates automatically. I bought the thing, and have wished that I bought an Apple TV ever since.
Quote Reply
Re: WTS starts this weekend... [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there a version of Apple TV I need to get to enable this feature? I was going to try my luck on the used market first since it's only a once in a while device for me with my Smart TV already being able to watch Netflix, Youtube etc ...

------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I havd a MacBook and use it with AirPlay onto Apple TV. I know you need at least 2nd gen Apple TV to get AirPlay from an iDevice or MacBook. That being said, I find my wifi is not that robust and drops too frequently to not be frustrating, so I've got a longer HDMI cable from Costco to use.

Who does everyone have in Trifecta this go round?

Men:
J. Brownlee
Gomez
Mola
Murray

Women:
Jorgensen
Stimpson
Sweetland
Haug
Quote Reply
Re: WTS starts this weekend... [OkotoksLawyer] [ In reply to ]