Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTC gets it right with Mont Tremblant promotion
Quote | Reply
Don't think I've seen this posted anywhere else yet, but for all the hate WTC gets I think they (or the Mont Tremblant organization) should get some applause for getting it right with the Ultimate Race Weekend Package draw. I much prefer this over the Kona spot giveaway they've tried with other venues.

http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/news/articles/2017/02/register-and-win-in-mont-tremblant.aspx#axzz4zes35hiw

AJ

-------------------------------------------------------
IM WC Hawaii 2024
Quote Reply
Re: WTC gets it right with Mont Tremblant promotion [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Either I am missing something or WTC structured this promotion in a way that does an end-around past the 'No Purchase Necessary' condition.

Specifically, while they state that

- "NO PURCHASE IS REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN THE DRAWING" [ed. their caps]

they also state that if you're entering by mailing a postcard (i.e., entering without making a purchase), then

- "Such postcard ... must be received by Sponsor no later than February 20, 2017 in order to be eligible for the Drawing".

But based on the date tag for the posting of the promotion on their website, the promotion was only listed on February 21, 2017.

So, actually using the postcard option was never a real possibility.

FWIW, I'd be happy to learn that I made some mistake here.
Quote Reply
Re: WTC gets it right with Mont Tremblant promotion [jordandodd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jordandodd wrote:
Either I am missing something or WTC structured this promotion in a way that does an end-around past the 'No Purchase Necessary' condition.

Specifically, while they state that

- "NO PURCHASE IS REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN THE DRAWING" [ed. their caps]

they also state that if you're entering by mailing a postcard (i.e., entering without making a purchase), then

- "Such postcard ... must be received by Sponsor no later than February 20, 2017 in order to be eligible for the Drawing".

But based on the date tag for the posting of the promotion on their website, the promotion was only listed on February 21, 2017.

So, actually using the postcard option was never a real possibility.

FWIW, I'd be happy to learn that I made some mistake here.

I like this exception:

not a resident of Quebec, Canada.

uhhh where is the race located? In Quebec......

Actually it has to do with Quebec's laws about giveaways
Quote Reply
Re: WTC gets it right with Mont Tremblant promotion [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What would I do with the place I already have booked? I would rather have a Kona slot.
Quote Reply