Quote | Reply
In the optimized interval chart what do the column headings mean:
* Reps Estimate progressive
* Total TiZ estimate progressive

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: WKO4 Optimized Interval Chart [ddave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was searching online for more info about this chart, which ironically led me to this question. My educated guess:
- Reps estimate progressive could mean a range of reps you would do in a session. It's progressive in that you can increase the number of reps in subsequent sessions/weeks. For example, if REP is 3 to 8, then I might start with 3 or 4 reps the first time I try the workout. Then next time I do that workout (e.g. the following week) I could increase it to 5 reps in a workout, then 6 reps the following week, etc.
- TiZ estimate progressive could mean total time spent in that zone in a given workout. This is an estimate, and it's also progressive. For example, if my target duration is 27 minutes (it's not a round number like you'd like, but it's just an algorithm/equation that spits out a number I bet). If TiZ is 30 to 90 minutes, then the first week I would do one ~27 minute (perhaps a solid 30 minute) rep. Maybe I would repeat that next week. Then in week 3 I'd go for 2 reps of 30 minutes each (time in zone 60 minutes), then eventually build to 3 reps of 30 minutes (90 minutes TiZ).

It is a shame that the guidance/instructions for the WKO4 training package has apparently not kept pace with creation of the features, which leaves users like us hunting for scattered info about what the various bells and whistles are and how to interpret them.
Quote Reply
Re: WKO4 Optimized Interval Chart [iploya] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iploya wrote:
It is a shame that the guidance/instructions for the WKO4 training package has apparently not kept pace with creation of the features, which leaves users like us hunting for scattered info about what the various bells and whistles are and how to interpret them.

Are you member of the Facebook WKO4 Power Users group?
If not that's where you will get pointed to join if you want guidance or at least that is what I have seen repeated.

Personally I am not a fan of the Facebook group format. I would much rather see discussion on a forum like this one. Unfortunately there is little dialog outside of that group and those who are in it seem to be happy with that format.
Quote Reply
Re: WKO4 Optimized Interval Chart [iploya] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iploya wrote:

As mentioned, join the group. It will be a daily discussion on the above and every other thing you can possibly imagine with regards to wko4 from the the guys who created it all and a host of other high-profile users from around the world.

It's essentially the polar opposite of what you asserted above.
Quote Reply
Re: WKO4 Optimized Interval Chart [ddave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And it'd certainly be worth your while to get on youtube and spend a couple of hours watching some of the webinars, which explain all of the basics (and more) really well.
Quote Reply