Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WHo has raced or run in the Desoto suits with ceramico pad?
Quote | Reply
I have a pair that I bought on Black Friday and haven't worn them yet. I am thinking about buying the ST pair and I just tried on the shorts with the ceramic pad that I haven't ridden or run in yet...They seem a little bulkier in the pad.

I am just curious if the pad changes when it gets wet, and when you ride...meaning it disappears so you don't feel like you have a load in your pants! :)
Quote Reply
Re: WHo has raced or run in the Desoto suits with ceramico pad? [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the fortezza shorts or whatever they are called with the ceramico pad. My opinions are mixed - they are great cycling shorts and OK running shorts. However, the next 70.3 I run I will use a pair of Sugoi tri shorts. The insert isn't particularly helpful in the Sugoi but it is much nicer to run in, it is nicer than the PI ones too.
Quote Reply
Re: WHo has raced or run in the Desoto suits with ceramico pad? [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Forza with ceramico. I think it's a thinner version if some that our out there. Hands down my favorite tri shorts. Good enough padding on bike and pad disappears on the run.

Similar to you I also have some Sugoi tri shorts. And they're my least favorite pair I have. The seams rub in funky places in the groin area. I can't wear them more than an hour without serious chafing. But sugoi is my favorite cycling shorts. So go figure.

Everyone is different, but I think you'll like the desotos just fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the riviera shorts, which have an even thicker pad. Loved it on the bike and didn't even notice it on the run
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an older pair of riviera shorts that were great so I tried the new ones with the thicker ceramico pad....Did one race and felt like the pad was drooping and was rubbing my legs. I think the thinner version would be much better but I simply went to orca trisuit and I am much happier now.

The desoto stuff is good quality and lasts a long time but these shorts just did not work out for me.
Quote Reply
Re: WHo has raced or run in the Desoto suits with ceramico pad? [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My problem running in them wasn't the pad (that was fine) but the area below my waisted and above my junk seems to move around on its own, very annoying, like there is too much material there. I still use them in training but the Sugoi's just work better on the run for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought the Riviera ceramico and raced with it for IMWI. It's amazing on the bike... AMAZING... but shit chaffed and was bulky as hell on the run.

I have the old Forza shorts and they are "good" on bike and "good" on the run. Note: neither are amazing but overall was good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wash them and wear them for shorter training first and they will soften up after a few workouts and washings.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently bought the desotos with the 4mm ultra fino ceramico pad which are awesome. Tried the 7mm ones on in shop and thought I'd feel the thicker pad for running. Would still consider the thicker for full ironman, but the 4mm is great and you don't fee it at all when running. I do think desoto is great quality. My last pair did me well for ages and I love the ice cool technology.
Quote Reply
Re: WHo has raced or run in the Desoto suits with ceramico pad? [RizzaNZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RizzaNZ wrote:
I recently bought the desotos with the 4mm ultra fino ceramico pad which are awesome. Tried the 7mm ones on in shop and thought I'd feel the thicker pad for running. Would still consider the thicker for full ironman, but the 4mm is great and you don't fee it at all when running. I do think desoto is great quality. My last pair did me well for ages and I love the ice cool technology.

Yeah, I really wish I wasn't poor. Otherwise I'd grab those ST branded Forza shorts. They look killer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have both the Forza shorts and the Riviera tri bibs with the new ceramico pad, as well as the older versions of each. The old Riviera tri bib was my go-to long course race day uni. Did my last long course race with the new Riviera tri bib and liked it even better. To me, it isn't thicker than the old pad, but is larger overall and cut a bit different so that it comes up farther in the front which is significantly more comfortable to me. I do think they key to Desoto shorts is buying them the right size. I see posters in other threads complain that the legs are too tight and Emilio says to keep wearing them a few times and they will stretch, and I think that is key. My Desotos all feel a bit tighter than other shorts I have when I first put them on, but are way more comfortable once worn a few times.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've raced long course in the Ceramico Riveria shorts and had zero issues. I recently picked up some Forza shorts and Forza bibs and look forward to trying them in a few races soon too.
Quote Reply
Re: WHo has raced or run in the Desoto suits with ceramico pad? [skullyrush] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whats the key differences between the forza and riviera, mainly from a long course point of view? (looking for a tri short for my first full coming up in Aug)
Quote Reply
Re: WHo has raced or run in the Desoto suits with ceramico pad? [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Forza shorts have a 4mm ceramico pad and the Riviera have a 7mm ceramico pad. Also the Forza ones seem to be more compressive. On the bibs the the Forza bibs have a fleece chamois (AKA no padding) and the Riviera have the normal 7mm ceramico pad. I'll use my Forza bibs for sprint and oly distances and the Riviera bibs/shorts for anything longer.
Quote Reply
Re: WHo has raced or run in the Desoto suits with ceramico pad? [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aside from the bibs, the Riviera shorts have a low-rise waistband and shorter inseam compared to the Forzas which can lead to that wonderful tan/sunburn on your lower back if your jersey isn't long enough. The differences in ceramico pads have been stated. Both are wonderful
Quote Reply