Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
WANT TO BE SPONSORED?
Quote | Reply
We are looking for elite-pro and up and coming age groupers with good swim results and great attitudes with active social media and following in local communities.

For 2015 season we are offering 4 levels of sponsorships:

Level 4.- ROOKY
- 50% off Discount on all Products
Qualifications: Consistently Places in top 3 in the age group races.

Level 3 - SHARK
- Free Wetsuit Sponsorship & Free Speed Suit
Qualifications: Constantly Top 5 out of the water Overall (not age group) in all races.

Level 2 - AWESOME
- Free Wetsuit, Speed Suit & Race Suit
- Free All the Training Apparel & Accessories
Qualifications: Consistently Places in top 5 Overall (not age group) in all races.

Level 1 - PRO
- Premiums for 1st out out of the water on IM and Half IM Event
- Premiums for top 3 finishes Overall in IM and Half IM Events
- Free Wetsuit & Race Suit
- Free All the Training Apparel & Accessories
Qualifications: Consistently Places in top top 5 Overall (not age group) in IM and Half IM races.

If you have some candidates who think can qualifying for any these sponsorships and fit our criteria please let us know and have them reach out to Vivian Wang vivian@rocketsciencesports.com

Marcin Sochacki
CEO
Rocket Science Sports
http://www.rocketsciencesports.com
Quote Reply
Re: WANT TO BE SPONSORED? [Marcin Sochacki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But... I only race duathlons.
Quote Reply
Re: WANT TO BE SPONSORED? [coyote39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coyote39 wrote:
But... I only race duathlons.

Right now we are only focusing on Triathletes. However if we expand our target to include Duathlons we will post it :)

Marcin Sochacki
CEO
Rocket Science Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So basically, you are looking for free publicity and "special" clients that can get your stuff at a discount.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I was consistently in the top 5 you would be PAYING ME!!! not giving me 50% off...

You can't fix stupid ..
Quote Reply
Re: WANT TO BE SPONSORED? [Maui_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
So basically, you are looking for free publicity and "special" clients that can get your stuff at a discount.

Hang on a second...

I've never heard of the company, but they come on here and offer a few age groupers stuff at cost, and a few fast guys a chance to get some gear for free to help out their racing. Do you think the snide attitude is warranted?

If nothing else, I've gone on the website and will check out their gear. Nice to see a company giving a boost to the AG racers.
Quote Reply
Re: WANT TO BE SPONSORED? [JerseyBigfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is a discount program; not a sponsorship.
Quote Reply
Re: WANT TO BE SPONSORED? [Mister944] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what I was thinking. If I am consistently top 5 overall at IM or HIM I'm pretty sure I would be pro and could swing better deals than that. That said these are some pretty good offers if you are not pro.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Then I have to ask, how many "sponsorships" are there in the industry?

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: WANT TO BE SPONSORED? [BDoughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BDoughtie wrote:
Then I have to ask, how many "sponsorships" are there in the industry?
Exactly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's your point though?

There are far more "sponsors" through heavily discounted merchandise than free swag.

Your arguing semantics

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If we already race in your wetsuits before this post, do we get anything extra? I'm available to start tomorrow at about 7:00!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have no problem with amateurs getting discounts; after all, this is their hobby. But companies should name this for what it is, a discount program. You are a good AGer, cool, we give you some freebies and a discount coupon.

Now, my big problem is about professional triathletes. They should be paid by the companies to use, promote, advertise their products. "Paying" them with discount coupons is a joke, it is ridiculous and offensive. Can you imagine this? "Hey, Cristiano Ronaldo, this is Nike. We would like to sponsor you; you promote our brand and then you can buy soccer shoes at a 50% discount. Pretty good deal, eh?"

--------
Maui_
Sponsored this week by Dominos Pizza (I received a buy-one-get-one free pizza coupon from them this week!!)
And by Bed, Bath and Beyond (Thanks for your 20% discount on kitchen utensils)
Last edited by: Maui_: Jul 26, 14 17:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BDoughtie wrote:

Your arguing semantics

this is not semantic. Words have meaning. 50% off on stuff is not a sponsorship, it's a discount.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Post deleted by sharkbait_au [ In reply to ]
Re: WANT TO BE SPONSORED? [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So if you get 1 pair of shoes for free valued at $150, and then 1 pair at half off, is that sponsorship? Or is that "only" discount?
ETA: Or my point is, why are we discussing the term "sponsorship". Does it matter if you label it sponsorship vs discount program? It's sorta like okkkkk, who cares.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
Last edited by: BDoughtie: Jul 26, 14 20:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BDoughtie wrote:
So if you get 1 pair of shoes for free valued at $150, and then 1 pair at half off, is that sponsorship? Or is that "only" discount?

that's a pretty good discount. what did the company require you to do in return for the privilege of giving them $$?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You cannot compare any triathlete to what Ronaldo can bring to the table in publicity. Besides the pro sponsorship above clearly has a cash component. I am uncertain where this anger is coming from.
Quote Reply
Re: WANT TO BE SPONSORED? [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was a deal one of my elite's used to have. He would get 2 free pair of shoes and 3rd at EP cost, all he had to do was put logo/link on his website. Do one "review" on the shoe and just wear them.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maui_ wrote:

Seriously MAN! Why don't you think before you speak?

I am not sure if everything is right up there and I hope you do not work in accounting but if you feel that giving someone $1,000 to $2,000 worth of products and $ for good performance is free advertising. Perhaps you just can't qualify and are jealous of the people who can LOL.

Good Luck in in your racing and finding more companies who are willing to support grassroots athletes the way we have been for the past 10 years...

Marcin

Marcin Sochacki
CEO
Rocket Science Sports
Quote Reply
Re: WANT TO BE SPONSORED? [Mister944] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mister944 wrote:
If I was consistently in the top 5 you would be PAYING ME!!! not giving me 50% off...

At this time we are taking all the applicants if you would like to be considered please send your Race CV to vian@rocketsciencesports.com The financial rewards are there is just depends which group you are qualifying for. Some of them include premsuims and some of the do not.

Looking forward in getting your CV.

Marcin Sochacki
CEO
Rocket Science Sports
Quote Reply
Re: WANT TO BE SPONSORED? [JerseyBigfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JerseyBigfoot wrote:
Quote:

Hang on a second...

I've never heard of the company, but they come on here and offer a few age groupers stuff at cost, and a few fast guys a chance to get some gear for free to help out their racing. Do you think the snide attitude is warranted?

If nothing else, I've gone on the website and will check out their gear. Nice to see a company giving a boost to the AG racers.

Thank you for recognizing this. Our company actually has been around for 10 years and we were the 1st company to make the original compartmentalize triathlon bag. Alot has changed since 2004 however we are still here and makign great products.

7 years ago I have moved to Shanghai and we have not been so focused in the US market however we are coming back to USA next year so look for us at the local races and check us out. I started racing in the 90s as a age grouper and I know how hard is to train and buy all the expensive gear. that is why we came up with this program to help talented age groupers and up and coming athletes :)

Marcin

Marcin Sochacki
CEO
Rocket Science Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maui_ wrote:
It is a discount program; not a sponsorship.

Free product is not a discount and premiusms as well. Only the 4th level is a discount and its a help for age groupers who are good since triathlon is an expensive sport and we want to the reward the talented age groupers...

Marcin

Marcin Sochacki
CEO
Rocket Science Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
very disappointing reaction from many age groupers in this thread. A company in good faith come here to offer a program.....read it, if you dont like it walk away. If you are a age group and qualify for a tiers in this program... it could be interesting and save you money.

And for a up and comer pro that doesn't have strong relationship establish with a company... this could be a first step into starting and growing a new relationship with a company.

good on rocketsciencesport to come here and offer this program....

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well i'm shit and ill rock your gear, I wont place but you will get seen at events.

Now where is my swagger

http://RoadID.com/...te/4HC4V-TAFQ9XPJDTX
Quote Reply

Prev Next