Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: WANTED- A slow marathon runner is Chicago. [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow...to be blunt, you're a douche. Would you mind posting which races you're associated with so we can stay the hell away from them.

Thanks! That would be greatly appreciated.

Todd - "fat ass" from San Diego
Quote Reply
Re: WANTED- A slow marathon runner is Chicago. [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you tell me what one of your quotes - taken out of context, even out of context is not correct? You just dont seem to like the truth of the current situation now do you?

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only issue I have is when slow runners/ walkers put themselves at the start line of a crowded race, and then the fast runners have to spend the first kilometre of the race dodging them.

If you're slow, be courteous and start in a pace-appropriate part of the pack.

How an event markets itself, sets cutoff times, and makes decisions about how long to pay police etc - those are business issues.

If Record10Carbon wants his events to be fast and cut off the slowpokes, that's cool. Just be sure to market it and explain it properly so that people know beforehand.

Graham

Graham Barron Design: Custom west coast house design http://www.grahambarron.com/
Quote Reply
Re: WANTED- A slow marathon runner is Chicago. [rhet0ric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
, then bitching about running out of water (they didnt .

Just to set the Record10 straight, if you were referring to the 2007 Chicago Marathon which they had to cancel before it was over, I was handing out water on Taylor Street at the 16-mile mark and we totally ran out of water at around 11 am.
Quote Reply
Re: WANTED- A slow marathon runner is Chicago. [tyran40] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"First - no Chicago DID NOT run out of water, nor sport drink...they didnt, that is just a fact"

"82 is still not that hot. Extreme - freaking please. I suppose that if I was 250lbs and out of shape it would have been extreme - short of that...folks were just plain unprepared"

Sorry for some reason - my comments didn't post the first time. Chicago did run out of water - I had friends who volunteered at the first couple of aid stations and they confirmed this. I volunteered in Little Italy around mile 16ish. We ran out of water before the 4:00 pace. We ran out of gatorade/water and even cups. We were filling our empty water jugs at a local bar, a nice man's bathtub in his house, and from garden hoses. Every volunteer was just trying to find water somewhere because it was hot and people (even in shape people were failing). Chicago ran out of water at multiple stations, period.

My wife and I were also handing out water in Little Italy around mile 16ish that day. We were at the last table. As I recall we ran out of water about 11 am. It was sad. There was nothing we could do so we just left.

I think the water problem was caused by so many runners walking though the water stop with just about everyone pouring a cup of water over their head every table or two. You would expect 2-3 cups of water per person at that aid station, not 6-8.
Quote Reply
Re: WANTED- A slow marathon runner is Chicago. [MPB1950] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know I know, and I posted a retraction I was wrong thread...

The person I spoke to with the event said that they had never run out and had extra.....in a truck. It needed to be on the course not in a truck, so he (I) was right - but you are ritious for being out there ;-)

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and a view from the BOP
http://www.chicagonow.com/...ing-with-lauren.html
sorry if this has been posted already

how much training does one put in to cover a marathon course in 6:44
Quote Reply
Re: WANTED- A slow marathon runner is Chicago. [wrodon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do not know how much training is needed to completed a marathon in 6:44 and I do not care how fast or slow you are as long as you are out there doing what you can to the best of your abilities.
But one think I do not understand is why "slow" runners need a Garmin for?
Fred.
Quote Reply
Re: WANTED- A slow marathon runner is Chicago. [wrodon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how much training does one put in to cover a marathon course in 6:44

Obviously not enough. She further undermined her chances of a good race by running the first hour a couple of MPM too fast.
Quote Reply
Re: WANTED- A slow marathon runner is Chicago. [fred_h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well the cool thing about Garmins is you can see where in space the satellite you are using is located, and gauge your time. So while you are running your marathon and you look down to see the little satellite in a differe spot, you can say ok so i have been at this marathon for roughly 12 hours, but i better hold back so I dont blow up at mile 10.
In Reply To:
I do not know how much training is needed to completed a marathon in 6:44 and I do not care how fast or slow you are as long as you are out there doing what you can to the best of your abilities.
But one think I do not understand is why "slow" runners need a Garmin for?
Fred.

Jonathan
USA Triathlon Coach/Adventure Extraordinaire
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

If someone can't run a half marathon in three hours, they have no business being out there. Why don't we simply install an escalator on Mt. Everest so everyone has a chance to reach the summit?
Quote Reply

Prev Next