Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Viva La Difference
Quote | Reply
Hello All,

http://trisutto.com/long-ironman-next-race/

"2.) If an athlete is tall with long limbs, or a big strong unit, then they are different. Even if lean and in good fitness / race conditioning, their size is an inhibitor to success in backing up. So we don’t do it!

If an athlete is a male, then we usually avoid backing up. Ironman racing flattens their male hormone system which then needs time to recover. This is a much over looked fact by many coaches, and a lesson learn’t from training and racing horses.

Female athletes on the other hand recover much quicker than most males, both in day to day training, and also post race.

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Last edited by: nealhe: Oct 28, 17 9:34
Quote Reply
Re: Viva La Difference [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nealhe wrote:
Hello All,

http://trisutto.com/long-ironman-next-race/

"2.) If an athlete is tall with long limbs, or a big strong unit, then they are different. Even if lean and in good fitness / race conditioning, their size is an inhibitor to success in backing up. So we don’t do it!

If an athlete is a male, then we usually avoid backing up. Ironman racing flattens their male hormone system which then needs time to recover. This is a much over looked fact by many coaches, and a lesson learn’t from training and racing horses.

Female athletes on the other hand recover much quicker than most males, both in day to day training, and also post race.

As Usual, smart stuff.

I would be in trouble since I am tall.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Viva La Difference [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello h2ofun and All,

Spruzzamist

Sounds like a 'cool' idea ..... especially where the relative humidity is low ..... does it work OK?

Do you pump that handle sticking forward? How often?

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Viva La Difference [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nealhe wrote:
Hello h2ofun and All,

Spruzzamist

Sounds like a 'cool' idea ..... especially where the relative humidity is low ..... does it work OK?

Do you pump that handle sticking forward? How often?

I have not used yet. I know some RAAM riders used, etc. so you would have to write the owners for more info.

I have been giving inputs to them for a solution that fits for our TT bikes with the bottles on the front. I have seen a couple of the prototypes, and may
get one to play with soon. Principal makes sense. The existing unit just really only fits on road bikes, not TT bikes.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply