Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Vittoria Open Corsa CX III Clincher What's Up
Quote | Reply
I have been using the open corsa CX for several years. Able to find sales on them and always available. Seems over the last few months they have started disappearing and now they are hard to find are are full price. Is is tire being discontinued? I can find no information about them.
Quote Reply
Re: Vittoria Open Corsa CX III Clincher What's Up [Jamie73] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Suck them up while you can, they make the graphene Corsa for their high end line . I haven't used the open version of it but the Tubular is the bomb. I am going to be running the Corsa G+ Speed tubular with orange seal this year.
Last edited by: mike s: Jan 21, 17 12:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup the Corsa is the new tire. I tried them last year and thought they had much better wear characteristics, but they didn't quite have as nice a feel. I haven't seen anything on their aero properties and not nearly as much on Crr.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jamie73 wrote:
I have been using the open corsa CX for several years. Able to find sales on them and always available. Seems over the last few months they have started disappearing and now they are hard to find are are full price. Is is tire being discontinued? I can find no information about them.

Stock up while you can. With that being said, there are faster tires out there with similar tire construction.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Vittoria Open Corsa CX III Clincher What's Up [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well since that is the only tire I have ever ridden, what could your recommend Thomas Gerlach, you know a lot more about tires then I do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jamie73 wrote:
Well since that is the only tire I have ever ridden, what could your recommend Thomas Gerlach, you know a lot more about tires then I do.

If you want an open-tubular design like that the Vittoria then I would go with the Specialized Turbo Cotton. If you wanted a blown rubber tires I would go a Conti GPTT.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Vittoria Open Corsa CX III Clincher What's Up [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I'll check those out!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Jamie73 wrote:

If you want an open-tubular design like that the Vittoria then I would go with the Specialized Turbo Cotton. If you wanted a blown rubber tires I would go a Conti GPTT.

I would caution riders about the turbo vs turbo cotton. Our road racing team got a bunch of free Turbo tires this year and used them as all around tires this year. The puncture resistance is horrendous, i have never had that many flats on roads i have been using for several years. Just make sure you get the turbo cotton's and not the turbo tire.

Link to worst clincher tire known to mankind

http://www.artscyclery.com/...escpage-SB3SWTB.html

Link to turbo cotton tire

http://www.artscyclery.com/....html?crumb=RDRUBBER

Vittoria Replacement to EVO CX III

http://www.artscyclery.com/....html?crumb=RDRUBBER
Last edited by: Ron_Burgundy: Jan 22, 17 20:51
Quote Reply
Re: Vittoria Open Corsa CX III Clincher What's Up [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Ron!
Quote Reply
Re: Vittoria Open Corsa CX III Clincher What's Up [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ron_Burgundy wrote:
I would caution riders about the turbo vs turbo cotton. Our road racing team got a bunch of free Turbo tires this year and used them as all around tires this year. The puncture resistance is horrendous, i have never had that many flats on roads i have been using for several years. Just make sure you get the turbo cotton's and not the turbo tire.

Definitely not suggesting the Turbo. Would never recommend that tire to anyone. The Vittoria Corsa G+ is 43.99 here if you are willing to take natural colored walls. If had to choose though a tire, I would pass on the Vittoria and Turbo Cotton and instead pick the Conti GP TT. Given I am not sure about the new SS, and the old ones can't be found, I think the TT is the most solid option.

Quote Reply