Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Visiting Santa Cruz, CA
Quote | Reply
I'll be in SC for 5 days starting this Tuesday, and am looking to rent a bike and possibly ride with some fellow athletes or a group ride on Saturday. Any locals here on ST who would let me tag along on their training ride?

I've already scoped out a gym, lane pool and some running routes along USSC for swimming and running during the week. Cycling is the only remaining question mark.
Quote Reply
Re: Visiting Santa Cruz, CA [tovi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a big group ride Saturday mornings starting from the harbor (if you can find a rental, they should know about it), lots of hilly routes available, plus the coastal route for flatter time (prevailing northern wind so one half of a coastal route will be into the wind...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
more importantly - go to Cafe Brazil for breakfast and Penny Ice Cream for desert!

Re: Visiting Santa Cruz, CA [tridana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Already had Penny Ice Cream on the "To Do" list but not Cafe Brazil. Thanks for the recommendation!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go to Marianne's for ice cream.
Get the 1020- thank me later.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Santa Cruz Mountain Brewery and the West End Tap Room are right at the South end of Hwy 1 heading into Santa Cruz (North End of Santa Cruz). There may not be a better place to end your ride!
Quote Reply
Re: Visiting Santa Cruz, CA [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second that suggestion of Marianne's for ice cream! It's the place to go in Santa Cruz for really great ice cream and about 70 flavors!
Quote Reply