Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Vision Metron Front Hydration - Initial Reaction
Quote | Reply
First ride with Vision Metron Front Hydration today. Nice bracket, easy install, nice little improvements over Torhans. Unlike the Torhans, filling it from another bottle is decidedly not two or three hard squeezes because the flow would be too much for the "labyrinth maze" so look forward to a slow refill as you try to ride in aero.

At first I wondered what the big rubber band was for. Apparently it keeps the semi-useless bento attachment on there when you hit rough road. A bump in the road (maybe only doing about 20mph at the time) caused a gel to fly out of the bento and caused the two inserts (the "labyrinth maze" upper and lower) to fly out too. Of course, before I could stop and turn around, cars ran them over. And without them the anti-splash lid will not stay closed because it is sized not for the opening of the bottle but for the inserts.

The straw does not stay down unless it is folded all the way forward, which is weird given that it is advertised as "precise angulation." At least for the first mile there was no splashing. Unfortunately after the inserts fell out it was a splashapotamus. Of course you want the bottle as close to the front/stem as you can move it, but with the straw at the back half of it you end up having the straw too far back for me. At least there were no rattles though.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision Metron Front Hydration - Initial Reaction [seeyouincourt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ouch, not glowing praises then

-

http://www.thetrinerd.com
Quote Reply
Re: Vision Metron Front Hydration - Initial Reaction [seeyouincourt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I realize it matters somewhat on your bar/hand position, but I don't see any advantage to these 'integrated' BTA systems over a standard cage and bottle BTA set up. They aren't faster. They aren't cheaper. They aren't easier to refill or clean. They aren't really easier to drink from. (Given an ideal straw set-up they have the potential to be easier to drink from, but I have yet to see this ideal set-up executed).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All of these new BTAs seem to have so many issues. The XLAB Torpedo has been perfect for me.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Vision Metron Front Hydration - Initial Reaction [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 I don't like how much straw hangs off of it, but my speedfil has been the cheapest and most reliable set up. If the straw was done differently it would be perfect and I'd stop looking for some other setup.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
seeyouincourt wrote:
First ride with Vision Metron Front Hydration today. Nice bracket, easy install, nice little improvements over Torhans. Unlike the Torhans, filling it from another bottle is decidedly not two or three hard squeezes because the flow would be too much for the "labyrinth maze" so look forward to a slow refill as you try to ride in aero.

At first I wondered what the big rubber band was for. Apparently it keeps the semi-useless bento attachment on there when you hit rough road. A bump in the road (maybe only doing about 20mph at the time) caused a gel to fly out of the bento and caused the two inserts (the "labyrinth maze" upper and lower) to fly out too. Of course, before I could stop and turn around, cars ran them over. And without them the anti-splash lid will not stay closed because it is sized not for the opening of the bottle but for the inserts.

The straw does not stay down unless it is folded all the way forward, which is weird given that it is advertised as "precise angulation." At least for the first mile there was no splashing. Unfortunately after the inserts fell out it was a splashapotamus. Of course you want the bottle as close to the front/stem as you can move it, but with the straw at the back half of it you end up having the straw too far back for me. At least there were no rattles though.
Quote Reply