Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Very interesting but not related to anything we usually talk about.
Quote | Reply
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde
Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in
waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny
iprmoetnt tihng is taht
the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit
pclae. The rset can be a
total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit
porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae
the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by
istlef, but the wrod as a
wlohe. amzanig huh?

Farnk

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: Very interesting but not related to anything we usually talk about. [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Very interesting but not related to anything we usually talk about. [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Help- Customerjon has hijacked Frank's logon!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yet another reminder that what we all perceive to be the "real world" has very little to do with what's really there. The brain uses so many filters and short cuts to reduce processing demands it's frightening to think about sometimes. Just think how many near death experiences you didn't even perceive on those long bike rides.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It seems somewhat related that Hebrew is often written without vowels. Vowels in Hebrew are dots or lines underneath the consonants or a dot over a consonant.
I don't know Hebrew but know the phonetic alphabet. Without the vowels, I'm left guessing in trying to sound out words. Those who know the language have no problem. Both the Torah and daily newspapers are writtten without vowels.
Quote Reply
relaly? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tihs is thhe barin...

Tihs is thhee brian on pwoeer carkns!

(Annd plesee, dno't hiit Cehck Spplelnig!!!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never, ever, show this example to a child with spelling issues (Noah, you better not be reading this board).

BTW, while it seems to prove its own point, the notion that it comes from actual Cambridge research is, I believe, an urban legend.

TonyG

What is Enoch Root?
Quote Reply
Re: Very interesting but not related to anything we usually talk about. [TonyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DeSo iT sItLL wRoK wnEh YUo mXi cPaItlAs AdN LoEWr CsAe lEtTres? Yes I think it does...

RdIe FsAt...
Quote Reply
Re: Very interesting but not related to anything we usually talk about. [gottabekidding] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that this can relate to the cycling part of Tri. As a cyclist first, Tri Geek second - I see many Tri-Guys out there that have less than stellar cycling skills (not speed - skills).

In relation to the way your mind "see's" things...this would relate to the old saying "look where you want to go - not at what you are avoiding". Sure as hell if there is a hole in the road - and you look at it - so you know where it is...you will hit it. If you look at the line where you want to ride...that somehow is where you will end up. The brain is an odd odd thingermajig

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Very interesting but not related to anything we usually talk about. [gottabekidding] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The thing you are missing is that the first and last letter need to be in the correct place or it doesn't work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Animal!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is easily the most interesting thing I have seen in a long time....very cool. Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FCUK! Taht hrut my barin!

BTW, there is a new clothing brand out, French Connection, UK. That sells t-shirts etc. with FCUK on them. Isn't that stylish. Imagine your teenage daughter going out with a t-shirt that says: FCUK MEN on it.
Quote Reply
Re: Very interesting but not related to anything we usually talk about. [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hate that marketing ploy - I find it cheap. And actually - French Connection has been around for yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Animal!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Very interesting but not related to anything we usually talk about. [muppet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, the radio bit I heard made it sound like it was a new thing. I agree, very cheap idea. I can't image who would really want to wear that stuff, but to each his own.
Quote Reply
Re: Very interesting but not related to anything we usually talk about. [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As you pointed out - rebellious teenage kids. Here in NYC you see it all over the place...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Animal!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't worry. Your teenage daughter would buy something from the womens range and it would say - 'FCUK Women' instead.

"Language most shows a man: Speak, that I may see thee. It springs out of the most retired and inmost parts of us, and is the image of the parents of it, the mind. No glass so mirrors a man's form or likeness so true as his speech." - Ben Jonson, Timber, or Discoveries made upon Men and Matter.
Quote Reply
wahts lal teh hbuub? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, looks like Frank finely converted to the crisp road feel of Aluminum.

- sginitrue?
Quote Reply
Re: Very interesting but not related to anything we usually talk about. [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is very interesting. I think a lot of it is that our language is very contextual. I think this underscores the importance of good grammar, though. If all your words are spelled correctly, but in the wrong order, or improperly used, people will have a very hard time trying to figure out what you're talking about. Unless you're Yoda.

I think those FCUK people should be clubbed. The first time I saw a thriteen year old girl wearing one of those at my nephew's basketball game, I was stunned. I'm no prude, but I can't believe that parents let their kids wear that stuff. Apparently, that brand is very popular with the under 18 set. As if it wasn't bad enough that my brother's whole family has been brainwashed by Abercrombie & Fitch.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Frank,

Thank you for this.

I was ripped/flamed on this forum a while ago for my numerous spelling mistakes and typos.

Eye feel mcuh btteer nwo!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply