Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Velotron RM1/API support is here
Quote | Reply
Just got off the phone with Chuck again from racermate. They have been working on the software updates to RM1
to fix the bugs for the Velotron. He is supposed to be sending me a copy to test asap.

RM is also going to send the updated RM1 software for free to any other Velotron owners like me.
Just send Chuck an Email and he will send you a copy. Chuck.wurster@computrainer.com

RM is also going to release and support the API package for ANY third party sw product that wants to work on the velotron.
So Swift, trainerroad, etc. just give Chuck a message and it looks like you can now support your product on the Velotron with
full support from RM.

What is also cool is one can just purchase the Velotron w/o a frame and put ones own frame on the best hardware that is on the market.

So for folks with Velotrons, what do you think?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Velotron RM1/API support is here [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
What is also cool is one can just purchase the Velotron w/o a frame ....

Pricing known and delivery to Europe?
Quote Reply
Re: Velotron RM1/API support is here [Livio Livius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Livio Livius wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

What is also cool is one can just purchase the Velotron w/o a frame ....

Pricing known and delivery to Europe?

This product is and has been offered for sale, so I assume those questions should be easy to get.

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve been using RM1 on the Velotron since not long after RM1 was released.

I know it wasn’t supposed to work, but I haven’t noticed any problems with it.

One of the issues, I think, was the inability to recalibrate the gearing to whatever you preferred, but since there are three (virtual) chain rings, I haven’t found this to be material.

I assume Computrainer users would agree that the software is much better than the old stuff, especially if you like to build workouts for use in Erg mode.

I don’t think it’s as good as Trainerroad (which I use with a Wahoo Kickr) but since Trainerroad, Zwift, and just about everything else apart from ErgVideos, have been incompatible with the Velotron, RM1 was a nice improvement.

Thanks for the heads up on the ‘official’ release of RM1 for the Velotron.

Each to their own, and people’s priorities and budgets will differ, but, as you might expect at the price, I find the Velotron to be the best available in terms of hardware. With RM1 and compatibility with third party products, it looks like it will finally be able to compete on software too.
Quote Reply
Re: Velotron RM1/API support is here [Jones171] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jones171 wrote:
I’ve been using RM1 on the Velotron since not long after RM1 was released.

I know it wasn’t supposed to work, but I haven’t noticed any problems with it.

One of the issues, I think, was the inability to recalibrate the gearing to whatever you preferred, but since there are three (virtual) chain rings, I haven’t found this to be material.

I assume Computrainer users would agree that the software is much better than the old stuff, especially if you like to build workouts for use in Erg mode.

I don’t think it’s as good as Trainerroad (which I use with a Wahoo Kickr) but since Trainerroad, Zwift, and just about everything else apart from ErgVideos, have been incompatible with the Velotron, RM1 was a nice improvement.

Thanks for the heads up on the ‘official’ release of RM1 for the Velotron.

Each to their own, and people’s priorities and budgets will differ, but, as you might expect at the price, I find the Velotron to be the best available in terms of hardware. With RM1 and compatibility with third party products, it looks like it will finally be able to compete on software too.

When I first beta test RM1 on the velotron, yep the issue was you could not change gearing. So I never tried, but I guess if you were happy with the default, maybe it worked. I just kept being told he would be fixed soon, so I waited, and waited.

Chuck 100% is not behind any 3rd party can get the Velotron API's supported from RM and get it working on their sw.

If you write Chuck, you can get a free updated RM1 for the Velotron. I hope to see soon.

No question the Velotron is the best hw out there. And the best is never cheap. Finally being able to run any sw on the Velotron will be great.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any news on zwift using the API? I’d like to update our velotron to use it.
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty interested in zwift getting on board with the API.

While the Velotron market is niche and biased towards labs/testing, I suspect there are more than a few dedicated cyclists who, as velotron owners/users, would be super keen for zwift compatibility and could be a very engaged user group.

For zwift, the opportunity to refine their software platform with established velotron hardware could be useful over the next year as next generation indoor bikes (wattbike atom, tacx neo smartbike, etc) overcome initial technical and practical hurdles ahead of wider availability. DCRainmaker has written about the introduction of many indoor bikes in 2018 - presumably fall 2018 launch for northern hemisphere winter.
Quote Reply
Re: Velotron RM1/API support is here [wingmen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wingmen wrote:

While the Velotron market is niche and biased towards labs/testing, I suspect there are more than a few dedicated cyclists who, as velotron owners/users, would be super keen for zwift compatibility and could be a very engaged user group.

For zwift, the opportunity to refine their software platform with established velotron hardware could be useful over the next year as next generation indoor bikes (wattbike atom, tacx neo smartbike, etc) overcome initial technical and practical hurdles ahead of wider availability. DCRainmaker has written about the introduction of many indoor bikes in 2018 - presumably fall 2018 launch for northern hemisphere winter.

From what I have heard, Racermate reached out to Zwift and Trainroad to support them adding the Velotron to their supported hardware for their sw. But, looks like they are not interested in adding this support. Hope I have heard wrong.

I did get a version of RM1 that fixed the bugs I had seen with the Velotron and it worked.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
wingmen wrote:

From what I have heard, Racermate reached out to Zwift and Trainroad to support them adding the Velotron to their supported hardware for their sw. But, looks like they are not interested in adding this support. Hope I have heard wrong.

I did get a version of RM1 that fixed the bugs I had seen with the Velotron and it worked.

We had this sort of a problem with our own trainer (it is wired to PC using USB and was developed long before ANT FE-C came to existence). We could not upgrade all hardware already in a field. We developed a driver instead that connects to our trainer on one end and to ANT+ stick on the other. This driver/ANT+ stick combo completely impersonates ANT FE-C compliant trainer. This will let Velotron work with any ANT FE-C compliant software out there (basically any trainer software worth mentioning). If Racermate gives us access to their Velotron protocol we can do the same thing for them as well. Obviously some reward must be in place ;) I gather that h2ofun talks to Racermate so he ca point them to the offer.
Last edited by: kostya416: Nov 30, 17 15:52
Quote Reply
Re: Velotron RM1/API support is here [kostya416] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kostya416 wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
wingmen wrote:

We had this sort of a problem with our own trainer (it is wired to PC using USB and was developed long before ANT FE-C came to existence). We could not upgrade all hardware already in a field. We developed a driver instead that connects to our trainer on one end and ANT+ stick on the other and completely impersonates ANT FE-C compliant trainer. This will let Velotron work with any ANT FE-C compliant software out there (basically any trainer software worth mentioning). If Racermate gives us access to their Velotron protocol we can do the same thing for them as well. Obviously some reward must be in place ;)

Give Chuck a call!!! They are supposed to be supporting folks who want to make third part support. I would love to beta test for you.

I also just sent Chuck your note.

Last edited by: h2ofun: Nov 30, 17 15:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
kostya416 wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
wingmen wrote:

We had this sort of a problem with our own trainer (it is wired to PC using USB and was developed long before ANT FE-C came to existence). We could not upgrade all hardware already in a field. We developed a driver instead that connects to our trainer on one end and ANT+ stick on the other and completely impersonates ANT FE-C compliant trainer. This will let Velotron work with any ANT FE-C compliant software out there (basically any trainer software worth mentioning). If Racermate gives us access to their Velotron protocol we can do the same thing for them as well. Obviously some reward must be in place ;)

Give Chuck a call!!! They are supposed to be supporting folks who want to make third part support. I would love to beta test for you.

Chuck is not in my phonebook. But filling out our company's contact form ( https://veloreality.com/contact/ )with said phone # should solve it. I am Kostya Poukhov - company's CTO.
Last edited by: kostya416: Nov 30, 17 16:00
Quote Reply
Re: Velotron RM1/API support is here [kostya416] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kostya416 wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
kostya416 wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
wingmen wrote:

Chuck is not in my phonebook. But filling out our company's contact form ( https://veloreality.com/contact/ )with said phone # should solve it. I am Kostya Poukhov - company's CTO.

If you just call the racermate main phone, and ask from Chuck, you will get transferred to his phone line. He really is doing all he can to try and get third party sw support on the velotron, now. :(

(800) 522-3610

Last edited by: h2ofun: Nov 30, 17 16:06
Quote Reply