Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

VeloFix - Mobile Bike Service Comes to You!
Quote | Reply
How much use would you make of a service like this? - http://www.velofix.com/

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: Apr 1, 14 11:40
Quote Reply
Re: VeloFix - Mobile Bike Service Comes to You! [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting concept, and a few of the services (bike boxing, for example) would be attractive. Depending on response time, could also be used as a roadside assistance vehicel (flats, for example).
Quote Reply
Re: VeloFix - Mobile Bike Service Comes to You! [Kscycler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.vancouversun.com/travel/Mobile+bike+repair+shop+roll+Vancouver/9665722/story.html

I do most of my own wrenching, but there have been times where the unforseen happens on a long ride.
Still a good idea.

res, non verba
Quote Reply
Re: VeloFix - Mobile Bike Service Comes to You! [RoYe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Velofix came to my office today, installed the new quarq i got on the competitive cyclist 12 days of x-mas sale, ran new brake cables through my frame, quick cleanup/maintenance -- all for 1 hour, $70 then i had my bike back shortly after my first morning coffee and i'll be riding it at lunch. Quarq works perfectly.

Very pleased. This would have otherwise been me leaving work early, handing over my bike for a couple days, no training on it, trying to find time to pick it up after work, bringing it back, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I plan to make it my go-to for repairs when they have their Toronto franchise up. The time savings of travelling to/from LBS's are worth additional costs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There used to be something similar in the Philly/Wilmington area a few years ago, I think it was called Spinners. No longer around as far as I know.

I wouldn't use it personally (do pretty much all my wrenching myself) but for people who don't, or are time-crunched, it seems like a great idea.
Quote Reply
Re: VeloFix - Mobile Bike Service Comes to You! [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I plan to make it my go-to for repairs when they have their Toronto franchise up. The time savings of travelling to/from LBS's are worth additional costs.

Dave,

Well . . Velofix's motto is . . . "Save time. Ride more!"

They have one franchise up and running to the Toronto area, with more to come - http://www.velofix.com/greater-toronto-area/

Follow on Twitter at @VelofixTO

BTW - VeloFix "won" on CBC Dragons Den, recently!

Last edited by: Fleck: Dec 19, 14 12:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used them for a complete overhaul of my bike prior to a GranFondo. They even found I had water in my wheels from a rainy nasty day we had here in Vancouver/ Parked right outside my house, so I could go in and out as needed. Was easy to schedule convenient times, and I could see the work being done if I wished to.

Very pleased and plan to use them going forward.

Cervelo R3 and Cannondale Synapse, Argon18 Electron Track Bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A similar service has already been running in San Diego for about 4 years. They started with 1 truck and eventual had several box trucks that had full repair shops in the back so they could cut down on the unpacking and packing time. They then moved to having a mobile bike pick up service too.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: VeloFix - Mobile Bike Service Comes to You! [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is the service called in San Diego?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://anywherebicyclerepair.com

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply