Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Vector 3s displaying 0 watts when it shouldn't
Quote | Reply
I recently got a set of Vector 3s pedals. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with how they are working, but on 3 of the 7 or so rides I've done, there have been times where the watts on my garmin show 0 rather than the accurate number. I'll be pedaling steady, and all the sudden is drops, and didn't seem to come back automatically.

One time toggling "enabled" to off on my garmin, and then turning it back on brought it back up. Other times that didn't work. Coming to a stop and doing a zero offset seemed to fix it twice, but that's not really an option when racing.

The device still shows that it is connected to my garmin 520. I can connect to the pedals via my phone's bluetooth, and it shows that battery life is still good.

When I disconnect the power meter, it shows "--" for watts, not 0.So it seems like it's not dropping connection. It almost seems like the torque readings are getting wonky, and a zero offset brings it back. Just a guess though. Is there any way on the garmin pedals to do a zero offset without coming to a stop?

Anyone else see this problem yet? Have you found a fix?
Quote Reply
Re: Vector 3s displaying 0 watts when it shouldn't [sxevegan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't had this issue with my 3's, but whenever I had an issue like this with prior-gen Vectors it was usually that the battery in one of the pedals was low. The head unit would still show a connection since it was connected to one of the pedals but weird data would start appearing. I'd try replacing the batteries in both pedals as the first step. The 3's aren't supposed to be sensitive to being torqued properly, but you may want to check that they're torqued down nonetheless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haven't had any issues with my Vector 3's either. I would check the batteries for sure. It is possible you just got a bad pedal. It happens sometimes. If the new batteries don't fix it, might as well check with Garmin customer support.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried putting force on the pedals?
Quote Reply