Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Valve extenders: How to tell if they are removable core?
Quote | Reply
This seems stupid but I can't tell if the valve extenders that came with my new Profile Design 58/78 Twenty four wheels set are the removable or non-removable core type. I have never used extenders before...and yes, I did read through the great info re extenders on this site.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Valve extenders: How to tell if they are removable core? [SdB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Removable core usually refers to the valve attached to the tube, but since you are referring to the extender...

If there are threads on the outside of the extender, then they are for a removable core tube. If the threads are only on the inside of the extender then it goes on over the valve and doesn't require a removable core. Most, but not all removable core extenders also have a little rubber gasket thing to seal the threads, so if it has a rubber piece then it is for a removable core valve.
Quote Reply
Re: Valve extenders: How to tell if they are removable core? [SdB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Valve extenders: How to tell if they are removable core? [slimfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Your comments and the Flo video makes sense.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply