Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Utah OWS, possibly the worst
Quote | Reply
Visit Northern Utah,

Enjoy swimming in what looks to be an unflushed toilet.
"... in this pond, sandwiched between the South Davis Sewer District and the Bountiful City Landfill."

http://www.standard.net/...o-it-in-Nothern-Utah

Athlete appears to be drowning. That's not sighting.

At least the article provides advice contrary to the image: “Out here sighting is really important. By sighting we mean lifting your head up really quickly and taking a quick look around. The best way to do that is to just lift your eyes up far enough above the water to see. You don’t need to lift your head all the way out of the water. You’ll tire yourself out if you do that. The closer your eyes are to the surface of the water it’s better, and, if possible, work that into your stroke.”

Again, I feel as if the photos were picked to simulate a drowning.
Cue TI folks to comment on how facing the heavens is so relaxing for breathing.

"For our next trip out, we practice turning around the buoy. The woman next to me shows us how to use one arm to swim quickly and closely to the buoy. She says this takes seconds off of her swim time."

Oh for shit's sakes.

" (There’s a warning not to drink the water in the Bountiful pond.)"

--I aim to be hardcore, but I tip my hat to the Utah folks. If the main attraction was swimming in that toilet, I'd hang up my trunks for good.
Last edited by: Cooker: May 29, 15 13:39
Quote Reply
Re: Utah OWS, possibly the worst [Cooker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why not swim in a reservoir in the mountains? They are much cleaner than Bountiful Pond or Utah Lake. I hate Bountiful Pond due to the sewer and landfill issues as you mentioned.

There are a couple smaller reservoirs that are clean that in the valley as well.
Quote Reply