Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Using SRM PC5 with Garmin Connect
Quote | Reply
I am a student on a budget and looking for a preferably crank based power meter solution. As such, I have found used SRM's with PC5 to be a good option. It's a reliable option and I can live with the cable. However I have some questions about data analysis. I currently have a garmin 910 which I use for everything. I don't mind to have 2 computers on the bike (SRM for power and garmin for HR), but I wonder if I will ever be able to see SRM data in garmin connect. There must be some file conversion tool somewhere but I haven't found it.

I know trainingpeaks automatically combines the data of the srm and garmin to form one file, however than it is stuck in trainingpeaks. Does anyone know of a better solution?
Quote Reply
Re: Using SRM PC5 with Garmin Connect [Timmetje] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think trainingpeaks data is stuck in trainingpeaks, pretty sure you can export it.

GoldenCheetah is another option, and it is free

You can probably use the free DeviceAgent software from trainingpeaks to get your SRM data into garmin connect, but garmin connect isn't very good anlaysis software

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Using SRM PC5 with Garmin Connect [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have tried to export data from trainingpeaks, but I could not find a way of exporting the complete data file of a workout.

I agree garmin connect is not ideal ;) I mostly want it in garmin connect to keep my data in one place, and keep an overview of all the training performed. Of course I get that with my garmin 910, but it would be much better if I can get the power data in there to.
Quote Reply