Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Users of skateboard grip tape...
Quote | Reply
What did you buy and like the most? Did you order it online, or go to a store?

I bought new zipp bar tape, and want to add this to my base bars, they are super slippery when wet.

No need to respond. I didn't realize it was so inexpensive and found a shop near me. Thanks.

maybe just let me know of brands to avoid or look at.

Thanks
Last edited by: littlefoot: Jul 2, 15 12:51
Quote Reply
Re: Users of skateboard grip tape... [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 3M stair tape on my bars now, ugly but it works. My landlord has a whole roll of it so I cut a bit off for me.

USAC, Health and Nutrition Coach
http://www.echelonhealthcoaching.com
use code SLOWTWITCH for %15 off
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Send it on the cheap? It costs $5 brand new.

Just go to a local skateboard shop (or any store that is next to a food court) and ask for grip tape. It's all basically the same. For our use, it's all the same.

As for the stair tape commented above.. that is WAY harder on your hands.. and actually costs more if you don't get it for free.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ebay is where i got it since the lbs stopped selling skate stuff and the next closest would have cost more in fuel to get to.

I have it on my Tririg bar, I ended up putting some black athletic tape over about 80% of what I put the grip tape on, I like the way the combination feels. On the road hands were always dry enough it wasn't a problem and never long enough out of aero. But on the trainer if I was sitting up on the horns it was much longer and also my hands were usually super soft from being all wet/sweaty so it was tearing them to bits, after the first session my palms looked like I tried to use a bare concrete driveway as a slip and slide.
Quote Reply
Re: Users of skateboard grip tape... [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, didn't realize that, until after I posted. I'm going to edit my original post. I fou d a shop near meand will hit it tomorrow. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try silicon tape. It looks better and is super grippy. It's often called rescue tape too. No adhesive, it sticks to itself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grip tape at Home Depot. A roll is cheap
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
West Marine sells "rubberized" grip tape made by 3M. That's what I use on my basebar.

Steve

"If you ain't first, you're last." Reese Bobby Talladega Nights
Quote Reply
Re: Users of skateboard grip tape... [The_Mickstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Having owned a skate/surf shop for many years I can tell you MOB grip is hands down the best

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply