Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Upgrade vector 1 to 2
Quote | Reply
Has anyone upgraded their vector 1 spindle to the 2s? I just received the upgrade kit and don't have a pedal cartridge removal wrench.

Anyone replace without that wrench? What did you use?
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrade vector 1 to 2 [mvenneta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Following. I'm still waiting for my upgrade kit to arrive. How long did yours take to arrive??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got the upgrade kit. It should have had a wrench in the box. From what I read, replacing the spindle is optional. The only real necessary change was taking the washers and o-ring off of your pedals, and adding the new blue washer.

I've gone for a couple of rides since I did this and it seems to be working fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrade vector 1 to 2 [Endo Ag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My box didn't have any directions. Do I need to use one of the blue washers or can I use one of the 4 silver washers in the box with it?

I took the spindle out because .. well I thought that's what I was supposed to do. I found a user manual and it gave pretty mediocre directions for replacing spindle. First, I didn't realize, but the unmarked spindles are right / left threaded on the top, but can slip into either pedal. Once they are in, they don't screw into the crank if they were inserted into the wrong pedal. There was one set of extra bushings / rubber stopper in the bag. Was it there to only replace it on one pedal or should there have been an extra one included?

I waited 7 weeks from when my Vector 1 pod broke (first time in 15k miles, never had an issue) and I placed my order. At the time they were also sold out of the Vector 1 pods so I've been powerless for awhile
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At you're mileage, you were probably wise to replace the spindles. Mine were much newer. I munched the wire trying to put them on crank arms that didn't fit. I had the same experience, Garmin gave me the upgrade at no cost, but I had to wait awhile. In my case though, I ought two new, correct size pods to fit the new cranks and that worked fine.

I found the blue washer to be a better fit than the metal washers, one one of the o rings was torn as well. The pouring is only there to center the washer, so with the blue washer it is no longer needed.
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrade vector 1 to 2 [Endo Ag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Endo Ag wrote:
At you're mileage, you were probably wise to replace the spindles. Mine were much newer. I munched the wire trying to put them on crank arms that didn't fit. I had the same experience, Garmin gave me the upgrade at no cost, but I had to wait awhile. In my case though, I ought two new, correct size pods to fit the new cranks and that worked fine.

I found the blue washer to be a better fit than the metal washers, one one of the o rings was torn as well. The pouring is only there to center the washer, so with the blue washer it is no longer needed.

This might be a stupid question...but how did you get the O-Ring off without removing the spindle? And did your box only come with one O-Ring like mine? I just put the washer in 'screw' part of the pedal and then tighten with the torque wrench. I never thought much about centering it at all
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The o ring I'm speaking of is on the threads where the pedal threads into the crank arm. You can just roll it off with your fingers, then slide the new blue washer onto the pedal. You will likely not need the silver washers anymore.
Quote Reply