Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Update
Quote | Reply
Since I have been injured (and having BAD ITB Syndrome directly or indirectly from my bike accident, as it's on the same side as my tailbone injury), I have been able to work on other projects.

The main thing I have been working on is the Bunnyman Institute Project One, a retro-inspired TT that uses genuine retro parts, with some new splashed in for fun and good measure. I will merely call this a "tuned" bike, as I have manufactured virtually nothing for this bike.

The frame will be unchanged, with the exception of new downtube stickers. A former national champion had used this very limited-production frame, so it will stay intact for the most part, with the exception of Bunnyman Institute decals. It is a 650 front, 700c rear frame. The Campy threaded headset and Campy BB will stay, as they are completely serviceable. The cables are not internally routed, nor was the shift boss placed on the top of the downtube (as was the fashion of the time). The frame is lugged, double-butted steel.

It will be shown with two sets of bars- a custom setup with a Syntace C-2 will be shown, but also a Scott 100K will be more than likely used for racing, as it does have a bit more stability and user-friendliness than the radical, no cowhorn C-2 based setup.

Finding a 50 tooth non-track chainring is very difficult, so a regular 52 tooth chainring will be used. No front mech is planned. A Sugino crank will handle the cranking duties.

A Shimano 600 8 speed rear mech will be used, along with the corresponding barcon shifter. Campy Delta brakes will grace the front end (to smooth the crown on the ovalised steel fork), and a custom-drilled and machined Shimano rear brake. One brake lever will handle both brakes.

The wheels: Dual disc. The front is a heavily modified track front, the rear is a heavily massaged Renn disc, both hubs bearing the Bunnyman Institute logo, along with "Project One" machined into the flanges and other machineable areas of the hub. The rear wheel will have only four cogs, going with a retro theme of six or less cogs on a freewheel with a modern twist.

I will update everyone on the completion of this bike, and hopefully have pictures in a place to readily view them for all interested.
Last edited by: bunnyman: Sep 5, 03 5:33
Quote Reply
Re: Update [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mr. Bunny
My old Px10e frame is getting well , old .I know it is old but ,it has many many miles on it. I have had a couple of good wrecks on it. and Simplex parts just ain't around. So I'm thinking of buying a Fort frame in steel . Have you seen these frames ? The problem on my new Fuji Team Easton the top tube is longer then the PX10 I think. Is this how most new frames are. The old ride is a 57 new 56. I felt to streched out on the new bike so I use a no setback Thompson post. With all the fuss about steel vs alu I thought the fuji, road nice .What is your thought on this matter.
They sell cross bikes to and I wouldn't mind that either.
www.fortframes.com
Thanks Dirtball
Quote Reply
Re: Update [dirtball!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know much about Fort frames.

Want a good old-school frame from a guy who understands geometry? Call Ves Mandaric. Tell him the bunnyman sent you. He does even 753 in custom lugs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello bunnyman-ager, hey have you tried Pose to take care of that I-T problem? JUST kidding. Seriously, you sound like a bike designer - are you one? Or do you just play one on Slowtwitch? (If you're some Grand Poohbahh Wizard of BikeOz guy, I apologize for my ignorance.),,,and if you are, will you really have the neccesary time and focus to be my manager???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Most people don't recognize opportunity because it wears bib overalls and looks like work.
~Teddy Roosevelt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i like your ideas mr bunny her are mine.

i will be taking my $300 1991 plymouth grand voyager and paint it black on my own drive way. my brother in law sales hot rod parts and will give me a sweet deal on some used spun aluminun hub caps. in a car magazine i say an ad for stick on flame jobs and red shag carpet will be glued to the interoir roof, floor and sides. the roof lugage rack will be painted bling bling gold and devils will be painted or placed all over. devil head hood ornament and air scoopp bolted on the hood will complete my physcobilly specail. a months and about $150 tops and i will have the mini van from hell. oh yeah!!!

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you going to put a front mech on just to keep the chain from popping of the front chain when you are on the extremes of shifting? David Millar showed us that a chain can pop off without a front mech and 9 or 10 (I cant remember which he rides) in the back
Quote Reply
Re: Update [customerjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you gonna use latex house paint or some rustoleum in a can or in a spray can?

You ought to use pop rivets and bondo for the hood scoop.

You could also take some sheet aluminium and amke a really cool spoiler with the pop rivets.

Now, when you paint on the devils, make sure you use some of that premium Testors model paint, then slap some polturethane onto top of it.

Make sure and use a coffee can painted bling bling gold for a badass exhaust tip.

I like the sounds of your ride. Can't wait to see some pics.
Quote Reply
Re: Update [kategt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am merely an amatuer bike fabricator. I have not built a frame (yet), but I have built a few components. I have even had my components on the road without serious injury. I am very much a student of the bicycle at this point, as I will always be. I do have experience as a mechanic, however...

I wish I were a grand poobah. Maybe one day...

When you decide to give it a go, I will focus 100% on your career. I will have enough time to pursue the other aspirations when the star fades...
Quote Reply
Re: Update [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A few things CAN be done for this:

1) A specially profiled chainring that would not allow the chain to pop off. MDT makes one.

2) inner and outer "protection" (ala Bartol system) can be installed to help get the chain back onto the chainring or prevent it from falling off all together.

Millar's chainring incident could have been prevented without thwe use of a front mech. But his team mechanics were too stubborn to do these things for him for some reason.
Quote Reply