Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ultraman Training
Quote | Reply
Has anyone out there completed an IM event within a couple months of Ultraman? Just curious on recovery times.

Hopefully the snow will be gone soon here!
Quote Reply
Re: Ultraman Training [trijimi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go to the UltraMan (Canada or Florida) Facebook page and ask. I know a few did full IM after UltraMan Canada last year.

TEAMFIREFIGHTER.com
STRIVE Omni Sport.com
Get Busy Living - or - Get Busy Dying
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do folks actually specifically train for an Ultraman, or just use "residual" fitness from IM training and show up at the start line with a good attitude?

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Ultraman Training [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hydrosloth wrote:
do folks actually specifically train for an Ultraman, or just use "residual" fitness from IM training and show up at the start line with a good attitude?

I'd guess it's the other way 'round...

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In 2012 I did Ironman Canada 3 weeks after Ultraman Canada. I wore no HRM or GPS watch and ended up with a decent result. What Ultraman are you doing?
Quote Reply
Re: Ultraman Training [Kilgor Trout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i was wondering the same...i have done 2 IMs within 4 weeks but i am a MOP , i plan to do Ultraman Canada Next Aug and they have announed a new IM in Muskoka 4 weeks later and i am tempted. "People" tell me i will need a long break, but i am seriously tempted
Quote Reply
Re: Ultraman Training [fliss08] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd say do it. Just keep your expectations low, but you might surprise yourself.

TEAMFIREFIGHTER.com
STRIVE Omni Sport.com
Get Busy Living - or - Get Busy Dying
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My husband and I both raced Ironman Tremblant just 12 days after Ultraman Canada in 2012... you just basically keep your post UM training light... swims, spin on the bike, nothing too long... and light runs. We were surprised at how well we did in Tremblant with such a short time between events. We then went on to race in the Ultraman World Championships that same year, and had raced IM Lanza in May as well, so it was a big year for us... you have to listen to your body - first and foremost, eat well, and be sure to get lots of sleep. It's amazing how quickly we can recover! I would say GO FOR IT... Ultraman Canada is one of my all-time favorite race courses - just stunning from start to finish, and Steve Brown and the event crew are the best!

5x Ultraman Finisher
18X Ironman Finisher
2013 Ironman World Championship Finisher
2012 Canadian Ultra Distance Female Triathlete of the Year
http://www.endurancetriathletes.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ultraman Training [katwoman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great website BTW. A lot of fun getting documented on there!
Quote Reply
Re: Ultraman Training [katwoman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for that...i know i was fine with 4 weeks between the 2 IMs and i love doing this stuff.... i bit the bullet and signed up for Muskoka...going to be one long hard and hopefully very enjoyable August 2015
loved the website as well
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GO FOR IT... you only go around once - it's gotta be about the adventure! Let me know if you have more questions, feel free to email me at triathlonteam@gmail.com. Cheers!

5x Ultraman Finisher
18X Ironman Finisher
2013 Ironman World Championship Finisher
2012 Canadian Ultra Distance Female Triathlete of the Year
http://www.endurancetriathletes.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last year's Ultraman Canada winner did the swim/bike portion of the Challenge full distance relay 3 weeks after UMC, and then raced IMFL in early November and got a Kona spot.
Quote Reply