Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
UTI Chicago 2015
Quote | Reply
So is this race solely a 'championship' or will there be open registration? I ask because doing this race instead of the Lifetime Chicago Tri would solve my schedule problem.
Quote Reply
Re: UTI Chicago 2015 [seiken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seiken wrote:
So is this race solely a 'championship' or will there be open registration? I ask because doing this race instead of the Lifetime Chicago Tri would solve my schedule problem.

You had to have qualified last August. Too late.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would recommend seeing a urologist about that

Me: https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...ever-comes-next.html

Latest: Colorectal Cancer is in the News Again. Don't Blame Red Meat
https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...news-again-dont.html
Quote Reply
Re: UTI Chicago 2015 [Naps a lot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Naps a lot wrote:
seiken wrote:

This may or may not be true.. You had to qualify to race the championship race. But I don't believe they have announced if there would be an OPEN race.. According to the schedule they hae 5 days of racing planned, from the 15-20th.. That is a lot of races to fill. I had ASSUMED there would be an open registration even SOMEWHERE in the mix.

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
its ITU....
Quote Reply
Re: UTI Chicago 2015 [Aust1227] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aust1227 wrote:
Naps a lot wrote:
seiken wrote:

This may or may not be true.. You had to qualify to race the championship race. But I don't believe they have announced if there would be an OPEN race.. According to the schedule they hae 5 days of racing planned, from the 15-20th.. That is a lot of races to fill. I had ASSUMED there would be an open registration even SOMEWHERE in the mix.

Typical there are 10+ races. Para Aquathon, Aquathlon,AG Sprint, AG Oly, Jr women & men, U23 women & men, U23 women & men, elite para, elite women & men, and a corporate money grabber. No open races.
Quote Reply
Re: UTI Chicago 2015 [Aust1227] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aust1227 wrote:
Naps a lot wrote:
seiken wrote:

I'm kind of assuming the same thing. It would seem to make economic sense.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So don't expect to be able to do this race?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It will be the same format as Edmonton was this year for the Grand Final, so I dont think there was an open race.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by h2ofun [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Urinary Tract Infection?
Quote Reply
Re: UTI Chicago 2015 [shredz2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shredz2000 wrote:
It will be the same format as Edmonton was this year for the Grand Final, so I dont think there was an open race.

Not as many days as Edmonton. Federations where complaining at Edmonton. So, this implies not as much time between events.
I have not found a schedule with events per which day yet.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: UTI Chicago 2015 [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know right? pay attention. that's why I watch cycling and the ICU instead.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
UTI? Urinary tract infection?

#swimmingmatters
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
The Doctor (#12)

Quote Reply
Re: UTI Chicago 2015 [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericM40-44 wrote:
I know right? pay attention. that's why I watch cycling and the ICU instead.

Given the amount of crashing.. maybe it should be called the ICU!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Naps a lot wrote:
Aust1227 wrote:
Naps a lot wrote:
seiken wrote:

Typical there are 10+ races. Para Aquathon, Aquathlon,AG Sprint, AG Oly, Jr women & men, U23 women & men, U23 women & men, elite para, elite women & men, and a corporate money grabber. No open races.

I am pretty sure there as an open race at ITU Worlds in London 2013

-Mike

Vertex Fit Systems (http://www.vertexfitsystems.com) | Bikeworks (http://www.bikeworksma.com) | Russo Racing (http://www.r2tri.com)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Piling on to ask what UTI is....

(please edit the title if you are referring to ITU.)
Quote Reply
Re: UTI Chicago 2015 [m.medeiros] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe there was a sprint race in Edmonton as well that ran alongside the Corporate race. So you never know
http://zone4.ca/results.asp?ID=6916&cat=188

Team Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Chicago 2015 [seiken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From this FB post today it looks like there will be an open race at Worlds in Chicago in September:

World Triathlon Chicago Thank you for your interest in the 2015 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final and World Championships in Chicago! If you qualified for the age-group Sprint or Olympic-Distance World Championships, registration is available through your National Federation. There will also be an open race for age-groupers and more details on the race and registration dates will be released soon on social media andchicago.triathlon.org.

Quote Reply
Re: ITU Chicago 2015 [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know they are still having meetings with everyone to see what permits they can get, etc. So still not sure if folks will be able to do both the sprint and Olympic races yet. They are trying, but.

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Re: ITU Chicago 2015 [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
I know they are still having meetings with everyone to see what permits they can get, etc. So still not sure if folks will be able to do both the sprint and Olympic races yet. They are trying, but.

Just get yourself in shape to race on back-to-back days...Problem solved!

:o)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:

As someone who is still clinging to a desperate and pathetic hope for a rolldown in the sprint, I hope not ;P
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Chicago 2015 [WiScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WiScott wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

Just get yourself in shape to race on back-to-back days...Problem solved!

:o)

ITU rules will not allow you to race 2 events within 48 hours, so you could not do back to back races as in the past.

This is why I was able to race all 3 races at Edmonton, they were during 6 days.

Last edited by: h2ofun: Nov 18, 14 13:28
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Chicago 2015 [JayZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JayZ wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

As someone who is still clinging to a desperate and pathetic hope for a rolldown in the sprint, I hope not ;P

Why? This could actually be great for you.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, if someone qualified for both the sprint and the oly, I would assume they would choose to race the Oly at chicago thus opening a spot at the Sprint Distance.
Quote Reply

Prev Next