Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

USAT 2016 Rankings
Quote | Reply
For those who care, final stuff is supposed to be posted no later than the end of today, friday.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: USAT 2016 Rankings [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.teamusa.org/...nkings/past-rankings

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I assume based on your post that these linked rankings are final? If so, it's a bummer that a pro (Santiago Ascenco) finished as the top overall M35-39 amateur this year....
Quote Reply
Re: USAT 2016 Rankings [GLindy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GLindy wrote:
So I assume based on your post that these linked rankings are final? If so, it's a bummer that a pro (Santiago Ascenco) finished as the top overall M35-39 amateur this year....

Yep final, but, I believe no pro should be in the final rankings? If he is a pro, write USAT that they have a mistake.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
GLindy wrote:

Yep final, but, I believe no pro should be in the final rankings? If he is a pro, write USAT that they have a mistake.

Yeah he's a pro. And a pretty decent one that makes some 70.3 podiums. I'll let someone who is actually in that AG write the email - any takers? I guess I just happened to recognize his name.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never really looked at those - actually pretty spot on for me. I've gone from a low 80s guy to mid 80s. My best race was Milwaukee 2014, and I got a 90 for that. Pretty cool!

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: USAT 2016 Rankings [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:
Never really looked at those - actually pretty spot on for me. I've gone from a low 80s guy to mid 80s. My best race was Milwaukee 2014, and I got a 90 for that. Pretty cool!

It is fun stuff to track, and see how one is doing against others. Always nice to have some things to shoot for which helps to keep the training going

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good job there Dave on a top 25 as the elder of the age group. Looks like if you hold most of your form for this year you should be top 10 in the new AG. Too bad they still list the serial cheater Kevin Moats in anything competitive related, he should be relegated to doing fun runs and grand fondos for all his lifetime of cheating ways. And I cannot believe he is still in the Ironman record books after admitting to doping all during that time too.

Anyway, recognize some of the names in the 55 to 64 Ag's, but lot of names I have never heard of, changing of the guard I guess...
Quote Reply
Re: USAT 2016 Rankings [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Good job there Dave on a top 25 as the elder of the age group. Looks like if you hold most of your form for this year you should be top 10 in the new AG. Too bad they still list the serial cheater Kevin Moats in anything competitive related, he should be relegated to doing fun runs and grand fondos for all his lifetime of cheating ways. And I cannot believe he is still in the Ironman record books after admitting to doping all during that time too.

Anyway, recognize some of the names in the 55 to 64 Ag's, but lot of names I have never heard of, changing of the guard I guess...

Thanks. Was the second 59 year old guy in the rankings at 25th, so was pretty happy. First time I also ranked in the Aquathlon and Duathlon, so will
try to go after all three of these rankings this season and see if I can get AA's. If I can just hold my run times, .. :(

This was my 10th year in a row for All American which I am very proud of since it has shown I can been able to hold the body together, while others
have been hurt more than me. After least I am starting this year better than last year with the sciatica issues.

Yes, I see Kevin up at the top of the 60-64 rankings. Pretty sick I am now in his AG. No fun having to compete against a doper, who compared to a person like Lance, has just done this has a hobby since he never went Pro or had to make a living at this sport and put food on the table for his family.

Planning on lots of races. Will see if the body holds up.

http://h2ofun.net/indextriathlon2017.htm

Thanks for the nice comments. I know where my pecking order is against the real naturals.

Quote Reply