Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

U-Brake Calipers for TT bike (fork mounted)
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for some better braking options for my 2013 Xenith T. It comes with Tektro R725 calipers - these are the U-Type center pull variety that mount on the back of the fork (rear brakes are mounted near the bottom bracket).

The best I've found are the TRP 925 calipers, and the reviews I've read are mixed. Should I just resign myself to spongy braking, or is there some sort of Dura-Ace or equivalent out there for U-Type calipers?
Last edited by: aaronechang: Sep 15, 14 12:19
Quote Reply
Re: U-Brake Calipers for TT bike (fork mounted) [aaronechang] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a set of TRP T925 on the front of my P2, I don't notice any sponginess with braking. You need to make sure both pads touch the rim at the same time otherwise they will be spongy.
Quote Reply
Re: U-Brake Calipers for TT bike (fork mounted) [nickag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's good to hear; I'll most likely pick up a set of T925 calipers soon. There aren't a whole lot of options for U-Type TT calipers - all I've found are the Tektro 725, TRP 925, and Oval A700 (which from appearances is identical to the 925).
Quote Reply
Re: U-Brake Calipers for TT bike (fork mounted) [aaronechang] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is most likely nothing wrong with your brakes. Most likely you just don't have them adjusted properly. Possibly your cables are too long. If you don't know how to adjust them, take the bike to a shop that works on mountain bikes and cross bikes and have them take care of it.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply