Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TyreWiz
Quote | Reply
Saw this in Ted King's instagram feed.

Haven't seen any other information.

TyreWiz written on the device and @quarqofficial tagged on spoke.

Looks to be similar to their Shockwiz for suspension tuning.

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply
Re: TyreWiz [xtrpickels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A cutout saddle helps immensely, I can't see what having another device would help with. It's only an issue with long course races though.
Quote Reply
Re: TyreWiz [xtrpickels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ended up with a pair. While I'm still not above making dump jokes about peeing on tires, maybe I could answer a few questions about these things.

I did some preliminary measuring on a couple wheelsets to somewhat establish an accuracy baseline. I'll write out the gauges I compared with and numbers sometime. So far I have used a 0-15 psi Meiser Accu-Gauge, (Original) SKS Airchecker and Topeak D2 hand gauges along with goofing off with Craftsmen 12v inflator, Ryobi 18v inflator, a Bontrager Charger floor pump and older Nashbar floor pump.

I am pretty sure that any of the 'reviewers' for these things were not using them on 32 spoke wheels. They are just wide enough that you have to rock the valve enough to clear the spoke when twisting them into place. Pretty annoying on tubeless valves to un-thread and push into the rim enough to get the necessary movement.
Quote Reply
Re: TyreWiz [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
pretty sure that any of the 'reviewers' for these things were not using them on 32 spoke wheels

Where did you get 32 spoke wheels? Even my clyde builds aren't 32 spoke these days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m not sure you’re supposed to put them on in the way it sounds that you are. The sensor part slides off, so you just have a splined vale stem to install. No clashing with spokes for me. The unit is pretty close to the spokes on my 24h/90mm/G3 wheels.

I’ve found them really useful for tracking pressure when testing.

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Re: TyreWiz [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iamuwere wrote:
Quote:
pretty sure that any of the 'reviewers' for these things were not using them on 32 spoke wheels

Where did you get 32 spoke wheels? Even my clyde builds aren't 32 spoke these days.

I have only used them on mountain bike wheels. Stans Flow EX, Stans Crest EX, Stans Crest MK3 and whatever stock rims came on my Fatboy. All of those Stans are 32 spoke builds.
Quote Reply
Re: TyreWiz [SkippyKitten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SkippyKitten wrote:
I’m not sure you’re supposed to put them on in the way it sounds that you are. The sensor part slides off, so you just have a splined vale stem to install.

I’ve found them really useful for tracking pressure when testing.

I'm still not sure what the 'supposed' to is. I saw the SRAM video about pulling it into 4 pieces each every time I wanted to move it. The text on their site said, "Just un-thread the existing Presta valve core and thread the TyreWiz sensor into the valve stem." right next to the link for the official instructions that said exactly what you did.

Bicycling and DCRainmaker used similar text and that's what they did in the Gravel Cyclist video.

I'm not saying it's the right install, just something to consider. Certainly won't be losing any tiny pieces that way.

I clicked over to the link in your signature. You do some fascinating stuff!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a set fairly early so only had the ‘official instructions’ to go on.

Thanks for looking us up. It’s been a lot of effort to get to this stage and it’s nice to see that work acknowledged. Playing with aero stuff all day is fun of course.

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply