Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Race Day - IMFL - - - Strength and Honor.
Quote | Reply
If all goes well, this will be my tenth consecutive IMFL. As usual, I'm nursing an injury.
Last edited by: imsparticus: Nov 5, 16 2:04
Quote Reply
Re: Seven weeks until IMFL. Who is in and how's the training going? [imsparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Likewise, I'm a bit dinged up too - high hamstring tendinitis. I just finished IMMoo (somewhat disappointing performance) and am recovering this week. Will have to muster the gumption to put in a halfways decent next 5-6 weeks. I'm from the upper Midwest so weekday afterwork daylight is diminishing quickly. Hopefully in a week or two I'll turn the tide and start to get excited for IMFL. It's been many years since my buddies and I raced there. We did the first 2 years starting in 1999.

I will certainly appreciate the rolling swim start and just hope for wetsuits this year.

Best of luck with the next 7 weeks.

tinman
Quote Reply
Re: Seven weeks until IMFL. Who is in and how's the training going? [imsparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am in. July and August were the hottest on record, ever, here in Florida so I have gotten over my pride and learned to walk/run a lot during my long runs, lol. I am surprisingly uninjured and feel strong but my motivation is dwindling with the heat and humidity still being a big issue. Hoping for cooler weather soon so I can get some run speed back. With ten times, are you in Florida enjoying the heat and humidity?

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same here. Achilles hurts some days. Others not at all. Totally unpredictable behavior so I tweak things as I can. And Gainesville has been scorching hot as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Seven weeks until IMFL. Who is in and how's the training going? [alien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. In the Tampa Bay Area.

alien wrote:
I am in. July and August were the hottest on record, ever, here in Florida so I have gotten over my pride and learned to walk/run a lot during my long runs, lol. I am surprisingly uninjured and feel strong but my motivation is dwindling with the heat and humidity still being a big issue. Hoping for cooler weather soon so I can get some run speed back. With ten times, are you in Florida enjoying the heat and humidity?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is a very impressive streak! I live in Tampa as well and did IMFL in 2008 and 2014. I went to High School in Panama City so it's hard to get excited about that venue. I was swimming at St Andrews State Park before Ironman was invented.

Crushing heat this summer. "Deep tropical moisture" are the words I hate to hear most. Good luck in November.
Quote Reply
Re: Seven weeks until IMFL. Who is in and how's the training going? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
That is a very impressive streak! I live in Tampa as well and did IMFL in 2008 and 2014. I went to High School in Panama City so it's hard to get excited about that venue. I was swimming at St Andrews State Park before Ironman was invented.

Crushing heat this summer. "Deep tropical moisture" are the words I hate to hear most. Good luck in November.

I live in St. Pete and I'm loving the weather since it's been a great training aid for the Big Dance next month. The heat, humidity and dew point are worse here than Kona.
Quote Reply
Re: Seven weeks until IMFL. Who is in and how's the training going? [Bryan0721] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is what you call a positive attitude! I will never get used to it. Congrats on going to Kona and good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Seven weeks until IMFL. Who is in and how's the training going? [Bryan0721] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now your just trying psychological warfare on us.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Seven weeks until IMFL. Who is in and how's the training going? [alien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn same here in Tx, only days away from Fall and it was 80 degree for low when i started run and got up to about 98 today made for a broiling bike like it was still mid-August. Anyway in week 1 of a big 3 week just hoping i can keep it together for that final 4 week push.

2016:
IMFL #12
http://www.bestbikesplit.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
imsparticus wrote:
If all goes well, this will be my tenth consecutive IMFL. As usual, I'm nursing an injury.

Just wanted to say congrats on 9 in a row and best wishes for number 10. That's a huge achievement keeping that level of fitness and health for 10 years for the same weekend every year.
Quote Reply
Re: Seven weeks until IMFL. Who is in and how's the training going? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Dev. This year I decided to steal something I heard you speak of. I am basically training for a half and will just suffer that much more come race day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
imsparticus wrote:

Thinking about signing up for next year. Do we know the date by chance? And do we think the race will sell out quickly? I know last year it took like 2 weeks or a month before it sold out. I want to be prepared if I need to be by the computer when registration opens like previous years.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Seven weeks until IMFL. Who is in and how's the training going? [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tinman wrote:
Likewise, I'm a bit dinged up too - high hamstring tendinitis. I just finished IMMoo (somewhat disappointing performance) and am recovering this week. Will have to muster the gumption to put in a halfways decent next 5-6 weeks. I'm from the upper Midwest so weekday afterwork daylight is diminishing quickly. Hopefully in a week or two I'll turn the tide and start to get excited for IMFL. It's been many years since my buddies and I raced there. We did the first 2 years starting in 1999.

I will certainly appreciate the rolling swim start and just hope for wetsuits this year.

Best of luck with the next 7 weeks.

you did an IM with high hamstring tendinitis and are training for another one a few weeks after with it? ive been out almost two years with my hht, did a dr say you can keep training and racing through it?
Quote Reply
Re: Seven weeks until IMFL. Who is in and how's the training going? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
That is what you call a positive attitude! I will never get used to it. Congrats on going to Kona and good luck.

Thanks. I'm a glutton for punishment and I'll be lining up in PCB a month later as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy shades of Joe Bonness! I need a full 3 weeks to recover from an IM...couldn't fathom a double that close.
Quote Reply
Re: Seven weeks until IMFL. Who is in and how's the training going? [goregrind] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm old and slow so am not going that fast - just kind of a dull ache when I run. My training buddies have been harassing me to quit ignoring it so I'll finally address the HHT this winter in a serious manner. It developed last winter for me and has been just hanging around since then. Sucks.

tinman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. Did my 1st IM at IMFL. Now this will be my 12th WTC IM. Legacy lottery baby!!!!

Michael in Kansas
"Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit"
"Its not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up" Lombardi
Quote Reply
Re: Seven weeks until IMFL. Who is in and how's the training going? [jayhawk.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jayhawk. wrote:
I'm in. Did my 1st IM at IMFL. Now this will be my 12th WTC IM. Legacy lottery baby!!!!

Congrats! I'll hit 12 next year so I'm interested in how the stack-up of qualifiers is going. Report back to this thread next year and let us know if you got a spot. I would guess you won't get it until 2018.
Quote Reply
Re: Seven weeks until IMFL. Who is in and how's the training going? [DFWTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFWTri wrote:
Damn same here in Tx, only days away from Fall and it was 80 degree for low when i started run and got up to about 98 today made for a broiling bike like it was still mid-August. Anyway in week 1 of a big 3 week just hoping i can keep it together for that final 4 week push.

I'm in the same boat as you. Did an 80 miler on Saturday with a 2 mile run after and the heat index was 104 by the time I finished the run here in Houston. I'm getting REALLY tired of training in this heat. I've been telling myself it will pay dividends in the end, but that's not working anymore, it's really beating me down in this training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is my first time doing IMFL. Do I need a rental car to get around in PCB? I'm staying next door to the host hotel, so just wondering if I can cab it from the airport and then just walk to shops etc.

Any intel from a local would be appreciated. Thx.
Quote Reply
Re: Seven weeks until IMFL. Who is in and how's the training going? [Crocwrestler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crocwrestler wrote:
This is my first time doing IMFL. Do I need a rental car to get around in PCB? I'm staying next door to the host hotel, so just wondering if I can cab it from the airport and then just walk to shops etc.

Any intel from a local would be appreciated. Thx.

I graduated from High School in Panama City and have done IMFL twice. You'll definitely want a car. I can't think of any good restaurants within a 1 mile radius of the host hotel. You'll be close to Waffle House and McDonalds though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First IM for me. Hopefully the heat will dissipate by November. Gainesville has been grueling this summer.
Quote Reply
Re: Seven weeks until IMFL. Who is in and how's the training going? [kilar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kilar wrote:
First IM for me. Hopefully the heat will dissipate by November. Gainesville has been grueling this summer.

I live in Tampa and yes, it's been a rough summer, but it looks like we are finally getting a break this weekend. Our highs should drop to about 88 and our lows to about 72. Comparatively speaking, that will be amazing!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like it will be a little cooler tomorrow, but not much.
Quote Reply

Prev Next