Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Two piece short sleeved tri suit
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any suggestions on which to go with? I'm going to be racing my first 140.6 in a few weeks and would like a two piece with short sleeves on the top. I'm currently looking at the Desoto Riviera, anyone use this one or have another that has proven to be better?
Thanks for any input.
Quote Reply
Re: Two piece short sleeved tri suit [ARtridad74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just used the sleeved Riviera tri suit for the Oceanside Half and loved it! Pad was great on the bike, but didn't bother me on the run. Would highly recommend anything from Desoto!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used the Virklon aero top and Tri shorts last season. I like the pad in the shorts and that the top and shorts buckle together in the back so that the top doesn't ride up on the bike. I also liked choosing my own colors and the price was very reasonable.

All that said, I dont think that they use the 'most advanced, super slick, quantum fabrics' that some other suits are using. For where I was placing it didn't make much of a difference and I dont think I would have noticed anyway.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Orca 226

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Two piece short sleeved tri suit [estubbart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just used the sleeved Riviera tri suit for the Oceanside Half and loved it! Pad was great on the bike, but didn't bother me on the run. Would highly recommend anything from Desoto!
--------------------
I've raced in both the sleeved and sleevless DeSoto Riviera tri suits, the new pad is sweet. But you asked about two piece kit.

This would be basically the DS sleeved Tri suit in a two piece.

The Riviera tri short (same pad as the tri suit) with the sleeved tri top would work. You'll love the pad in a 140.6.
https://www.desotosport.com/...ng/riviera-tri-short

Tri top
https://www.desotosport.com/...eve-tri-top-full-zip

Train safe & smart
Bob

Last edited by: Longboarder: Apr 19, 16 8:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LG M2 top with LG course shorts. It's the two piece version of the M2 suit.

I use it for IM races that have a cold first half of the bike, where I want to have a dry top to start the ride.

Team Kiwami
Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used a zoot performance tri top, and performance 7" shorts. Pretty good. But I would like some wider straps at the top. Anyone have any ideas for tops with wide straps let me know. It needs to be wide but without a jersey collar.

-----------------------------------
Swim with swimmers, bike with cyclists, run with runners. Train with those who are hard to keep up with. Soon you will be hard to keep up with.
Quote Reply
Re: Two piece short sleeved tri suit [Longboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone wear the desoto Riviera Tri Bib shorts? when cycling I much prefer a bib short, but not sure how that would factor in during the swim and run.
Quote Reply
Re: Two piece short sleeved tri suit [owtbac86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
owtbac86 wrote:
LG M2 top with LG course shorts. It's the two piece version of the M2 suit.

I use it for IM races that have a cold first half of the bike, where I want to have a dry top to start the ride.

I used the same for Kona - so it doesn't need to be a cold weather thing. Was brilliant on that extremely hot day.

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Two piece short sleeved tri suit [JustTooFarr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone wear the desoto Riviera Tri Bib shorts? when cycling I much prefer a bib short, but not sure how that would factor in during the swim and run.
------------------------------------------------------
I have the tri bib shorts in the Riviera. I've raced and trained in them 70.3-IM's. I have friends that use them as their go to cycling bibs because they like the smaller pad vs the DS 400mi bibs. I generally train in my DS cycling kits which have the 400mi bibs.

Until the end of last season I raced it the Riviera tri bib, loved it. It's made to swim, bike and run in, to be honest I don't even think about it. I would still be racing in it but I got a DS tri suit at the end of last season and I've done two 70.3's in it and I really like it. I'm going with the DS short sleeved tri suit at St George next month.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Last edited by: Longboarder: Apr 19, 16 14:30
Quote Reply
Re: Two piece short sleeved tri suit [JustTooFarr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, Emilio De Soto here. I invented a the Riviera Tribib, because I personally prefer racing in them, made a set for myself, loved them and figured I would share the comfort with the world. You simply wear them like trishorts, put any of our tops over the tribib, then put your wetsuit over both. If you want comfort, some protection, cooling and to still be able to stop in a long race for a quick piss, go with this combo.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Two piece short sleeved tri suit [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the reply Emilio, and longboarder.
Emilio, I apologize for the follow up, what are your thoughts for non wetsuit legal races if I go with this kit as my race day setup? Swimskin is obviously probably the best option, but could you go just the bibs?
Thank you for the input
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At Maryland 2015, I used the riveria Tri bib for the swim (under wetsuit) & put on a jersey at T1 and loved it!!! It was so cold ( strong winds) that I wanted dry (non sweaty) clothes so I did a full change in T2.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doesn't the high bib cut make it hard to take that quick piss?
Quote Reply
Re: Two piece short sleeved tri suit [niccolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
niccolo wrote:

Great question and the answer is no. It is very stretchy. But remember, buy it test it, if you are not satisfied return it for a complete refund.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Emilio wrote:
niccolo wrote:

Great question and the answer is no. It is very stretchy. But remember, buy it test it, if you are not satisfied return it for a complete refund.

With or without the piss all over it?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Two piece short sleeved tri suit [niccolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
------------------------
I pee on the bike but on the run I pee in the green hut with the Tribibs.

FYI. Gotta be honest, doesn't work with the trisuit.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can take a look at the new Spider Aero by Kiwami. It is a "one piece" but it is built like a 2 piece. It is shorts and then the top is connected just on the back of the kit, so you have basically shorts and a top. Let me know if you have any questions, tried to upload a picture that shows it better but it was too big.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: Two piece short sleeved tri suit [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Emilio wrote:
niccolo wrote:

With or without the piss all over it?

I think you know the answer to that, but just in case, the answer is that we only accept garments back for a refund if they have been washed.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm looking at possibly ordering some De Soto stuff but had a question that I'm wondering if anybody can answer. I see the Riviera tri bib (and shirts...both sleeveless and sleeved) mentioned as working great under a wetsuit but there is a note on the De Soto site saying the Riviera shirts are not a swim top that should be worn without a wetsuit. Are you still wearing those tri bibs in non-wetsuit swims...and what are you wearing on top if so? Thanks so much!
Quote Reply
Re: Two piece short sleeved tri suit [miketri7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
miketri7 wrote:
I'm looking at possibly ordering some De Soto stuff but had a question that I'm wondering if anybody can answer. I see the Riviera tri bib (and shirts...both sleeveless and sleeved) mentioned as working great under a wetsuit but there is a note on the De Soto site saying the Riviera shirts are not a swim top that should be worn without a wetsuit. Are you still wearing those tri bibs in non-wetsuit swims...and what are you wearing on top if so? Thanks so much!

I am not sure if anyone is going to answer this, but here is my reply:

In short races (Sprint - Olympic) where wetsuits are not permitted: I wear the Liftfoil Speed Trisuit the entire race.
This suit is on sale right for 30% off by using this code 30Discount and clicking here: https://www.desotosport.com/...30-off-special-offer

In longer races (70.3 - Ironman) where wetsuits are not permitted I wear the Riviera Tri bibs only under the Liftfoil above and then I remove the Liftfoil and don a Riviera Tri Top.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Emilio, What top do you wear at Alcatraz? I'm going with the Riviera TriBib's but debating the sleeves vs. No-sleeves on the top. Thinking that the sleeves may give me a little added warmth. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Two piece short sleeved tri suit [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbie Hancock wrote:
Emilio, What top do you wear at Alcatraz? I'm going with the Riviera TriBib's but debating the sleeves vs. No-sleeves on the top. Thinking that the sleeves may give me a little added warmth. Thanks

I have done Alcatraz over 12 times. The air temps are typically in the mid 50's and I have always worn either a trisuit or trishorts and top with nothing else. Either of those tops will be about the same as the short sleeves will not make much of a difference. In the proper wetsuit your hands and feet will be the only part of your body that will be cold the entire race.

If you are concerned about being cold, consider this lightweight vest which you can always removed and stuff into pocket: I has its own stuff sack attached inside.

WINDANSEA VEST $30 (REGULAR $62

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the quick reply. You're out of mediums in the vest so I'll just brave it with the sleeved tri top. I'll make sure to bring my toe covers and gloves for the bike. Mid 50's is our winter time in Florida.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Emilio wrote:
In short races (Sprint - Olympic) where wetsuits are not permitted: I wear the Liftfoil Speed Trisuit the entire race.

In longer races (70.3 - Ironman) where wetsuits are not permitted I wear the Riviera Tri bibs only under the Liftfoil above and then I remove the Liftfoil and don a Riviera Tri Top.
Thanks a ton for your participation here. It has been very helpful for me. I just did my first HIM last month, and I got hooked. I raced in a basic pair of shorts and De Soto sleeveless shirt. I wrecked my tri shorts, so I need to replace them.

I also got sunburned in the race, so I figure that a sleeved shirt would work better for me than sleeveless (quicker sunscreen application). Also, I figure a leeved shirt would make me faster on the bike. And a proper sleeved top could also speed me up in a non-wetsuit race. And finally, a one-piece would make me faster on the swim and bike than a two-piece.

You personal preferences above seem to lean toward a sleevess bib in the water then cover with a sleeved shirt for the bike and run. I had assumed that your sleeved Riveria one-piece would be the fastest overall for the swim and bike.

Ideally, I would like to buy one tri suit that would be great for races of all distance from sprint to HIM. At a glance, I am guessing that the Liftfoil may not be as comfortable for the longer HIM and IM events, but it is awesome for Olympics and shorter. Then, I am guessing that the Riveria one-piece lines give you good speed and comfort in general for all distances, but not the swim buoyancy speed advantage.
Quote Reply

Prev Next