Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tune Up IM Race
Quote | Reply
I am going to be doing my first IM at Chattanooga this year. I was wondering what your thoughts are on "tune-up" races. I was thinking of doing 2 HIM before Chatt to see where I was at fitness wise and to give me some racing as a bonus to look forward to.

opinions needed on:
1. Would you do any HIM's to gauge your fitness or just train and let the chips fall where they fall
2. with Chatt being end of Sept, how close and far away would you race these HIM's in relation to Chattanooga.

I was thinking two HIM's one in April and then one in July possibly early August at latest.
Quote Reply
Re: Tune Up IM Race [Cptnemo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'll get different answers, but I would suggest nothing within 8 weeks of your IM.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think a tune up race is a good idea, for me anyway it helps to streamline stuff like my transitions etc.

I usually do a 70.3 (or two) anywhere from 3-6 weeks before an IM.

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cptnemo,

got a respectful word of caution for you....if you plan to 'copy' a RobGray, know what a RobGray is! If you are as BadAss as that, then carry on and totally ignore my respectful word of caution ;)

A first time IM'er might not do things exactly like a RobGray!

"Outwork your talent." Kevin McHale
Last edited by: morpheus: Jan 29, 18 11:52
Quote Reply
Re: Tune Up IM Race [morpheus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
morpheus wrote:
Cptnemo,

got a respectful word of caution for you....if you plan to 'copy' a RobGray, know what a RobGray is! If you are as BadAss as that, then carry on and totally ignore my respectful word of caution ;)

LOL, I was gonna say not sure he's the best for a mortal to follow the example :)
Quote Reply
Re: Tune Up IM Race [morpheus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
morpheus wrote:
Cptnemo,

I was not planning on copying RobGray. I will stick to the one 70.3 early this season to knock off some rust from the winter and then focus on my training.

Thank you for the words of wisdom!
Quote Reply