Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tubular losing air
Quote | Reply
I put my race wheels on this week (with Conti tubulars) pumped them up and went for a test ride. All was good. The next morning one of the tires was completely flat. (I think I left the Presta valve open). I filled the tire back up and it has held air for the last 24 hours. Should I race on it?
Quote Reply
Re: Tubular losing air [TriPJA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it a latex or butyl inner tube? Latex tubes are light, but don't hold air for very long.

---------------------

"Whether you believe you can or you can't, you are right."
Last edited by: Ga Tri Coach: May 30, 15 4:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Conti tubulars mostly ( if not always ) use butyl inner tubes and should not loose any air over the night unless there is a puncture or a bad valve stem.

But if it's not leaking any air over the last 24h after you closed the valve I would not be that worried :).

Cae.
Quote Reply
Re: Tubular losing air [Cae] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Continental tubulars holds there air very well.....if yours went down in a day verify your valve to be sure, worse case you got a leak in it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check the valve it could have a slow leak. If you need, wrap teflon plumbers tape around the threads of the valve core and reinsert/tighten with the little plastic tool. This does the trick. Happens to me almost everytime I buy a new tubular.
Quote Reply