Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tubular Flat Kit
Quote | Reply
Seems to have been a rise in the number of threads on tubulars recently, so I will add another ... lol

Is it possible to get a tubular and a few odd tools in a standard (small / 500ml) water bottle or is it an unrealistic ask ?

Are the track tuffo's still the best (smallest) type to use as a spare ?

Co2's, Co2 head and pitstop are elsewhere on the bike.

Thanks for any help / guidance :-)

WD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Tubular Flat Kit [WD Pro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WD Pro wrote:
Seems to have been a rise in the number of threads on tubulars recently, so I will add another ... lol

Is it possible to get a tubular and a few odd tools in a standard (small / 500ml) water bottle or is it an unrealistic ask ?

Are the track tuffo's still the best (smallest) type to use as a spare ?

Co2's, Co2 head and pitstop are elsewhere on the bike.

Thanks for any help / guidance :-)

WD :-)

It has been a really long time since I was on tubulars but you can fit a whole lot of stuff in a the old Trek Speed Concept Speed Box which was actually pretty darn small. You need to get a little creative but I am sure you can fit a lot in a small bottler. Here is my write up on stuffing my own Speed Box, proper spare etc.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm still using tubulars for both my tt & road bikes; I have a couple of Tufo Elite Jets which fold up quite small. One of those, along with a CO2/inflator/several small tools all fit in each of the three below - 500ml bottle, Speedpack 483, or an Arundel aero bottle.

---------------------------------------
I am a living animal, tied to a dying soul. -PKD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just put the spare tire in my jersey pocket.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tubuars Rule! I roll up the Tubie with a CO2 and adaptor and tape it under my saddle.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply