Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trucker cocaine the best pre race supplement?
Quote | Reply
I pop 200mg of trucker cocaine (stay awake caffeine tablet) 30 minutes before races. I rarely take caffeine so I really notice the effect.

Are there better caffeine options/supplements to take before a race? Is trucker cocaine a bad way to caff before a race?
Quote Reply
Re: Trucker cocaine the best pre race supplement? [Swanson234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For someone who doesn't do a lot of "blow" that is quite a bit. I'm a junkee and usually crush a 150 mg tablet into a bottle of Cytomax and that is usually enough. How long are the races?

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Caffeine is caffeine. If it works and your body tolerates it, then go for it. 200 mg is like 2-4 cups of coffee.

I drink two espressos regularly (around 150 mg total). On race day, I have a third and whatever caffeine is in gels etc. so that I get a little bit of a boost.
Quote Reply
Re: Trucker cocaine the best pre race supplement? [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hydrosloth wrote:
For someone who doesn't do a lot of "blow" that is quite a bit. I'm a junkee and usually crush a 150 mg tablet into a bottle of Cytomax and that is usually enough. How long are the races?

I ve done sprints and Olympics. Tough mudder in one week.

Should I do a tab for TM or is there a better pre race supplement? I got bugs man and I need the good stuff.
Last edited by: Swanson234: Aug 31, 14 18:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd just swing by a starbucks and get a cup of black coffee
Quote Reply
Re: Trucker cocaine the best pre race supplement? [Ellsworth53T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A guy at my LBS says he buys powdered caffeine on lone and mixes it up. He stresses that you need to make sure to use appropriate amount. Too much and you're wired.

TEAMFIREFIGHTER.com
STRIVE Omni Sport.com
Get Busy Living - or - Get Busy Dying
Quote Reply
Re: Trucker cocaine the best pre race supplement? [Ellsworth53T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quad Espresso.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: Trucker cocaine the best pre race supplement? [realAlbertan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realAlbertan wrote:
Quad Espresso.

depends if the swim start is in the water or on land
Last edited by: Ellsworth53T: Aug 31, 14 18:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't drink coffee either but for short races I mix 3 Powerbar gels 2x caffeine (tangerine) with water in my bike bottle. I take a regular 1x caffeine gel out of T2. I'm pretty much in turbo mode for the rest of the run. First time I tried this I broke my 10k open run PR. They should make this stuff illegal ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ellsworth53T wrote:
I'd just swing by a starbucks and get a cup of black coffee

that'll make you pee. too much volume.

opt for a double espresso or 2x5-hour energy shots. for HIM or IM, I take them after the swim. shorter races, right before heading down to the water.

—Mr. Hand
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Water Joe . . . .You can also make your powdered drinks with it for a bit more kick. . . .I have to go to Mejier for it and I usually clean them out . . . 4-6 cases at a time
Quote Reply
Re: Trucker cocaine the best pre race supplement? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.truenutrition.com/...owder-100-grams.aspx

Don't have too much, it really can kill you. But this is the easiest and cheapest way to spike whatever you want with caffeine. Get an accurate scale to measure for dosing.
Quote Reply
Re: Trucker cocaine the best pre race supplement? [LOW2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOW2000 wrote:
http://www.truenutrition.com/...owder-100-grams.aspx

Don't have too much, it really can kill you. But this is the easiest and cheapest way to spike whatever you want with caffeine. Get an accurate scale to measure for dosing.

Yeah you get a powerful but somewhat short spurt from it.

Actually what I'm gonna do for tough mudder is crush a 200 mg tab into an oatmeal/fruit/chia seed/vit b12/plain yogurt smoothie I call it spartan go-gurt (TM). Maybe that ll help it last longer? Help me out here, I flunked out of alchemy in college.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One danger of buying powdered caffeine is that it is possible to overdose and die from it. It happens, and just putting in random amounts of the powder without knowing what you're doing is not a good idea.

Your best bet is just drinking coffee, especially espressos.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure you know what alchemy means...
Quote Reply
Re: Trucker cocaine the best pre race supplement? [walie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Likely why he flunked out.
Quote Reply
Re: Trucker cocaine the best pre race supplement? [AG Tri Newbie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha, good luck with the OD.

Check out pubmed for some of the dosages (safely) used for some performance studies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First Endurance Pre Race, I prefer the capsules since it is easier to adjust how much I take. Coffee makes you pee too much, and it is hard to get espresso down here for some reason.
Quote Reply