Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trisuit Fit
Quote | Reply
Hi Guy/Gals,

I was looking at the sizing charts for some trisuits. My questions is with regards to the chest measurements. Obviously the chest/back muscles get pretty swollen after the swim. Should i take this into account when choosing a size? Or are the garments meant for your relaxed chest size and can account for the increase in size? (it is spandex after all)

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Trisuit Fit [toastygloveman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never have and this never even crossed my mind but trisuit will definitely loosen up when wet so I think any swelling is greatly outweighed by such loosening.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto above. This has never been a factor for me. I chose my size based on how it fit at home, apart from any workout, and it has been great since.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
toastygloveman wrote:
Hi Guy/Gals,

I was looking at the sizing charts for some trisuits. My questions is with regards to the chest measurements. Obviously the chest/back muscles get pretty swollen after the swim. Should i take this into account when choosing a size? Or are the garments meant for your relaxed chest size and can account for the increase in size? (it is spandex after all)

Thanks

If you are looking to go fast, I really think the best way to go is to go with the tightest suit you can fit in. Like others said, it will loosen when wet, and flapping fabric on the bike is not fast.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good point. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Trisuit Fit [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One thing to remember about “as tight as you can get” is getting it off in a hurry. I’m “built bigger” from my hockey days and my shoulders are pretty broad. My suit i just got I can get on by myself...but getting off isn’t as easy. If I have to take a shit during St.G 70.3 this year...i’m Gonna have to rip that suit off and will look like I “hulked “ during the race. Lol

Just keep this in mind...ol
Quote Reply
Re: Trisuit Fit [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HA! I'll keep that in mind.
Quote Reply