Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Tririg Alpha X
Quote | Reply
Hello
This integrated front end seems to be quite interesting.
Does someone has an idea about the weight ?
Is the stiffness of the base bar good ?
Thankx
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Alpha X [Kealla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kealla wrote:
Hello
This integrated front end seems to be quite interesting.
Does someone has an idea about the weight ?
Is the stiffness of the base bar good ?
Thankx
We project a completed weight of 650g, and will update once final production hardware is in-hand. This is incredibly light for a complete bar/stem system, and is much lighter than most standalone bars even without the stem. Stiffness should be excellent, due to the truncated wing airfoil, and some other specific design elements.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Alpha X [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Nick,

The weight of 650g which you mention, does that include the stem as well?
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Alpha X [supamau] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's an integrated bar. Meaning, the stem and bar are one single piece of carbon. Meaning Nicks quote of 650 would be inclusive of the "stem".

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Alpha X [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wsrobert wrote:
It's an integrated bar. Meaning, the stem and bar are one single piece of carbon. Meaning Nicks quote of 650 would be inclusive of the "stem".

Awesome! Thanks mate.

I'm waiting for more reviews from triathletes first before purchasing, I'm hoping to replace my Shiv aerobars with this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wsrobert wrote:
Yep, this is correct.

On this note though, Several people have missed the fact that it's an integrated bar/stem combo. Anyone have suggestions on how I can make this clearer? I'm still not sure how readers are missing this info.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm confused too. Just here, I feel I've seen this a number of times. The pictures alone seem to make it pretty straightforward.

Maybe something like:

"The all-new Alpha X isn't just the best integrated aerobar/stem system on the market."

"The bottom line is this: Alpha X is the ultimate integrated aerobar/stem system, and the ultimate upgrade for virtually any bike."

Essentially everywhere you say "aerobar" change to "integrated aerobar/stem system". Or maybe "all-in-one"? My guess is you'll probably keep fielding this no matter what you change the language to.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
anyone have the sense of the time savings of the tririg set up vs. 3t aura over a 40K?

more bang for the $$ on that or upgrading from Mavic Cosmic Elite to Flos?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wsrobert wrote:
My guess is you'll probably keep fielding this no matter what you change the language to.

That's kindof my thinking too. And there's already explicit language in the first bullet under "Purchase Info."

The folks who are confused by "bar/stem combo" or even "integrated bar/stem combo" might think "Oh cool, 'integrated' means that the two products that were designed together, I'll buy both!" -- but I will have a think on this. At least they're pleasantly surprised when they find out they don't have to spend the extra money on the Sigma ;-)

--
TriRig.com
Last edited by: TriRig: Aug 3, 15 9:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can I put the Alpha X on a Cervelo P5 with the brake covers of the magura Brakes?
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Alpha X [Nicotriman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nicotriman wrote:
Can I put the Alpha X on a Cervelo P5 with the brake covers of the magura Brakes?
The covers would need modification of some kind. The beard natively bolts on to the Aduro. The lower parts fit onto the Magura brakes. Also possible to modify those to fit the Omega X.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Nick
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Alpha X [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Nick, I don't see it, but have to make sure, does/will the Alpha X have any extension tilt capabilities? Thank you.
Last edited by: SBR28: Aug 7, 15 9:17
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Alpha X [SBR28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBR28 wrote:
Hello Nick, I don't see it, but have to make sure, does/will the Alpha X have any extension tilt capabilities? Thank you.
No extension tilt. But for those that really need it, the "reverse J-Bend" workaround works brilliantly. You take a J-bend with some significant degree of bend (30 or 40 degrees), and put the short end in the extension clamps, with the long end pointing up. Jesse Thomas does this with our Alpha Classic aerobar (also no independent extensino tilt), which you can see here riding en route to his historic Wildflower 5-peat victory:

And a couple more images of Jesse's bike, from his leapdaysports.com blog:

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the response! That was my only concern with the Alpha X as I do have a tilt on my fit. With that workaround I think I am sold. Thank you again!

Phil
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Alpha X [SBR28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My pleasure Phil!

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi TriRig

I mainly focus on triathlons with hilly bike courses and I am currently looking to upgrade my Cannondale Slice (post 2015 model). The Alpha X, with Omega X front brake sounds like the perfect upgrade to tidy up the front end of this bike!

A few questions, does the direct mount brake adaptor come as standard with the Omega X, as I assume I'll need it? Also to get as clean a look as possible I guess I should go for the No-Hanger back plate?

Finally, and this might be a bit left field! If I also change the rear brake to an Omega X, do you know if I will be able to use the, currently unused mechanical front derailleur cable guide under the bottom bracket as a guide for the rear brake cable?

Looking at it, and guessing the likely position of the Omega X brake, the guide would appear to line up well!? I can then have an equally clean solution for the rear brake and get ride of that ridiculous cable housing currently protruding from the frame!!!?

Anyway thanks for your time!
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Alpha X [Speedypee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, Omega X comes with everything you need to mount to your Cannondale Slice, including the Direct-Mount Adapters. I can't comment on whether you'd be able to use the front derailleur cable guide for the rear brake, but I tend to doubt it. Either way, it will still be fast and very clean.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a question as I contemplating getting an Alpha X system (couldn't seem to find a more recently dedicated Alpha X thread that wasn't a buy this vs Y brand of bars). How or where could I mount a Shimano SC-MT800 Di2 junction A with the Alpha X? Currently I'm running a stem face plate bolt adapter kit on it with my Felt Bayonet Tri Bars (older Aluminum ones) with a traditional stem.

One of these (ebay link to actual product I have) and a pic below:

Traditional mounting of the MT800 is with a bar clamp (which I'm obviously currently not using). The Alpha X design is such that I can't use either method to mount and may have to think about something on the extensions or maybe the BTA bottle mount pad.....or am I missing something. It's easier for to brainstorm these kinds of things unless I have a product in my hands to understand every nuance and possibility.
Last edited by: loxx0050: Mar 13, 19 13:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Following up to see if you or your team has any thoughts to my predicament of trying to mount an display style Di2 Junction A using the Alpha X cockpit? I would prefer not to have to revert to a EW90 style one if I can help it.
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Alpha X [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never seen this box before. Maybe K-Edge or BarFly make something that could be helpful for you?

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody tried mounting the aeria hydration on the Alpha X?
Last edited by: dhyrk3: Jun 24, 19 2:20
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Alpha X [dhyrk3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dhyrk3 wrote:
Anne Haug ran that setup for basically all of 2018. We have a few photos of it on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/.../?type=3&theater

Not sure exactly what she did to rig that up, I haven't personally had hands on an Aeria hydration system.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
dhyrk3 wrote:
Anne Haug ran that setup for basically all of 2018. We have a few photos of it on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/.../?type=3&theater

Not sure exactly what she did to rig that up, I haven't personally had hands on an Aeria hydration system.

Thanks for the info.

I’ve sent her a message on IG hoping she’d reply 😂
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Alpha X [dhyrk3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would be very interested in seeing the solution as well. Let us know if she replies!
Quote Reply

Prev Next