Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Triathlon specifc stationary bike
Quote | Reply
Hello,

Looking to get a indoor stationary bike (not a trainer) that is triathlon specifc. Suggestions
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon specifc stationary bike [benny25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Make it as aero as possible.

-Jot

p.s.: Lemond revmasters or whatever they are called seem pretty adjustable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By triathlon specific I assume you mean replicating your position on your tri bike. I have the Lemond Revmaster and find that it is extremely adjustable and can exactly produce my TT position. Very well made and quiet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Velotron is pretty adjustable too

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have the cyclops and love it. i wish i had bought the one with the PM. However, it does have it's drawbacks.

there is no easy way to get an 'aero bar' position, you can buy the arm rests but the positioning is limited. I put a 2x4 behind the bar (cut out for the 'stem' and clamped it with some U bolts), put a board on top as a base and then put the arm rests on that with some wood screws. works fine but limits how low you can get in the front. low enough for me but not super, super low. note, rather than use the good armrest and destroy them with sweat i took a piece of PVC and made my own. works great. Also, i have the seat almost as far forward as possible to get a steep angle. so again, you can not get super steep without some modifications or long seat rails. i think it depends on how tall you are. i'm 5'11".
other than that it has held up great for 4 years and i do some hard sprints and standing sessions. i recommend you also buy some extra towels for the floor, you will leave a puddle. oh, and a big giant fan.
good luck

Quote | Reply
I can second the Pro300 PT.
My old gym had them. The best stationary bike I have ever been on.
By far the closest ,relative position, to my actual tri-position on my Blade.

In retrospect I will try and source one. Still trying to find what happens to gym equipment when they close down , dfintely the best way to buy one ,if available IMO.

Terry

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream" - Les Brown
"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment" - Jim Rohn
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon specifc stationary bike [canuck8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I can second the Pro300 PT.
My old gym had them. The best stationary bike I have ever been on.
By far the closest ,relative position, to my actual tri-position on my Blade.

In retrospect I will try and source one. Still trying to find what happens to gym equipment when they close down , dfintely the best way to buy one ,if available IMO.

Terry

agreed. i've never seen a 300PT in a gym. i bet they'd be hard to find on close out.
i've heard that if you watch REI sales and sign up for their mailing and/or get their credit card you can get about 1/3 off of retail. plus they ship to the bike store free and have warranty/return policy - just what i heard.
there is also this place i found doing searches. http://www.fitsupply.com/...0PT_p/po-cyc-spn.htm

good luck

Quote | Reply
Why not go with a trainer and get an old used triathlon bike, that way you should be able to closely replicate your seating position of your 'racer'?
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon specifc stationary bike [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Why not go with a trainer and get an old used triathlon bike, that way you should be able to closely replicate your seating position of your 'racer'?

X2 on this....when the bike I have on my trainer rusts away I go to close family and friends looking for old ten speeds. Most you can adjust to your fit on a trainer without worrying about handling.

-------------------------------------------------
"Marco [Pantani], why are you such a strong climber? To shorten my pain".
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon specifc stationary bike [DotBomber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably been beaten like a dead horse, but nonetheless, I am checking out to see if anyone has had any experience with this bad boy:

https://www.cycleops.com/product/phantom-1-indoor-cycle

Looks like a decent option.

Thanks.
Quote Reply