Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Triathlon Performance of the Year
Quote | Reply
Was was it for you? My vote is the 6:59:53 run at the Ultra 520K by Konoko Azumi. It probably didn't make as many headlines as that German dude's run, but was most impressive considering the terrain.

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Performance of the Year [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a seven hour run in a race no one has ever heard of as the performance of the year.

That was the last straw; bye slowtwitch. The headaches aren't worth it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I vote for Patrick Lange's Kona win.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Performance of the Year [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going for Lucy Charles's performance at Kona. Balls of steel!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was was it for you? My vote is the 6:59:53 run at the Ultra 520K by Konoko Azumi.

Since the award is for Triathlon performance of the year, how did Konoko Azumi do in the swim and bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Performance of the Year [peace242000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
peace242000 wrote:
a seven hour run in a race no one has ever heard of as the performance of the year.

A race no one has heard of? Don't hit the your head to hard on the door as you exit ST sitting atop your high horse. Do some homework... The 520k is the original Ultraman in Canada.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
peace242000 wrote:

I concur. I'm jumping over the fence and going to kick the neighbours cat, so angered I am.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Performance of the Year [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
I'm going for Lucy Charles's performance at Kona. Balls of steel![/quote

thats a good one
and i would say Ben Kanute's 70.3 performance for the males .

blummenfelt for what he did in supershort oly and and 70.3 racing.
and duffy for overall domination.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kanute, Lucy, Lionel were all fantastic (and all 2nd place!) but Lange has to take the cake here, he again ran sub-2:40, proving he wasn't a one-hit wonder and this year that over came 3 guys who shattered the bike course record, one guy who started the bike with a large lead and so impressive was the performance, few people fawned over Daniela doing the incredible 3-peat.

Oh and banana.

Lange for single performance of the year, as for triathlete of the year, I vote Flora Duffy for the repeat ITU, 4th consecutive Xterra & Island House win. It is sad that we'll likely never be able to settle the question whether she can take Gwen with this new style of racing but Gwen or not, her dominance this year was amazing.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Performance of the Year [JBell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JBell wrote:
peace242000 wrote:

A race no one has heard of? Don't hit the your head to hard on the door as you exit ST sitting atop your high horse. Do some homework... The 520k is the original Ultraman in Canada.

Never heard of it...

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Performance of the Year [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
peace242000 wrote:

I concur. I'm jumping over the fence and going to kick the neighbours cat, so angered I am.

You should do that anyway. Because cats.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Performance of the Year [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
JBell wrote:
peace242000 wrote:

Never heard of it...

I had to google 520K as well as I had never heard of it either

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Performance of the Year [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
Kanute, Lucy, Lionel were all fantastic (and all 2nd place!) but Lange has to take the cake here, he again ran sub-2:40, proving he wasn't a one-hit wonder and this year that over came 3 guys who shattered the bike course record, one guy who started the bike with a large lead and so impressive was the performance, few people fawned over Daniela doing the incredible 3-peat.

Oh and banana.

Lange for single performance of the year, as for triathlete of the year, I vote Flora Duffy for the repeat ITU, 4th consecutive Xterra & Island House win. It is sad that we'll likely never be able to settle the question whether she can take Gwen with this new style of racing but Gwen or not, her dominance this year was amazing.

This. Lange's banana trick is the most strange and impressive thing in tri by far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kona. Rob Barel. M60-64. 9:46.

He smashed it!

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
peace242000 wrote:

Thanks like calling your boyfriend to tell him that you're not calling any more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm gonna have to go ahead and nominate myself
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Performance of the Year [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:

Oh and banana.

i think it goes without saying that whoever wins kona is the long course athlete of the year. and ryf wining 70.3 worlds totally shuts it down. so we are really only voting for 2nd place lol

yes rob barrel was amazing too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best performance of the year? I guess it has to be Lange.

Favorite performance of the year? Lionel

Breakthrough performer? Kanute / Charles

Triathlete of the year? Ryf / Duffy

Bike of the year? No award. Did anything meaningful happen?

Frustrating trend of the year? Disappearance of good races

Runner-up frustrating trend? Continued trend of canceling swims

Positive trend of the year? Rise of SwimRun as a complement to triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Performance of the Year [Poon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Positive trend of the year? Super League hosting 2 events and already looking to be strong in 2018. And yes I think they are bankrolled by a billionaire but it's being run as a good business (getting sponsors, tv deals, etc.).

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Performance of the Year [Poon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Poon: thnx 4 building on this thread. I like where it is headed!

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Performance of the Year [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Was was it for you? My vote is the 6:59:53 run at the Ultra 520K by Konoko Azumi.

Since the award is for Triathlon performance of the year, how did Konoko Azumi do in the swim and bike?

pretty good, it seems

3:16:xx for the 10K swim
15:38:xx for the 418K bike (over 2 days)

http://ultra520kcanada.com/...ing-Program-2017.pdf
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hydrosloth wrote:
Was was it for you? My vote is the 6:59:53 run at the Ultra 520K by Konoko Azumi. It probably didn't make as many headlines as that German dude's run, but was most impressive considering the terrain.

edit: did not know Konoko was a female which makes it more impressive, but I still wouldn't pick it as the performance of the year.

After Peter Kotlands 5:30 double marathon run during the Ultraman World Champs some years ago its hard to call a 7 hour run during the 520k as the performance of the year. Still a solid run though.

2x Deca-Ironman World Cup (10 Ironmans in 10 days), 2x Quintuple Ironman World Cup (5 Ironmans in 5 days), Ultraman, Ultra Marathoner, and I once did an Ironman.
Last edited by: chuy: Dec 14, 17 11:03
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Performance of the Year [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it was between you and the girl who won the 520k Ultra event that no one has heard of....but I'm giving you my vote
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Dec 14, 17 10:52
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Performance of the Year [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you're my boy blue!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I change my vote. I'm voting for Dave Campbell's (H2Ofun) overall win at Auburn Olympic tri. Mainly because voting for him will drive this place nuts, but also it was pretty impressive since he's in his 60's.
Quote Reply

Prev Next