Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri tops and excess material at arm area with sleeveless wetsuit
Quote | Reply
I recently picked up an xterra sleeveless wetsuit and the tri top I have extends about 2-3 inches into the armpit area. Basically excess material, well at least when wearing a wetsuit.

I looked at many tri tops online and all seem to have an opening that would be exposed underneath a sleeveless suit.

I havent swam in it yet and I may not notice it but seems annoying on land to say the least...Doesnt look like it can tuck in.

What do you do to avoid this if at all...again maybe its not even not even noticeable and will try it out this weekend. I will be chapped if it causes the suit to balloon out.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri tops and excess material at arm area with sleeveless wetsuit [Johnnyfever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If there's as much excess fabric as you say, I'm guessing your tri top is too large. Maybe a pic would help explain better.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri tops and excess material at arm area with sleeveless wetsuit [wbattaile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm, the tri top is pretty tight, no where is it baggy. It just seems that the opening in the wetsuit much bigger than the tri top tank opening. So the material sticks out 1-2 inches. Ill try and get a pic.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri tops and excess material at arm area with sleeveless wetsuit [Johnnyfever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's really common (see below), since many sleeveless suits are cut with larger shoulder/lat openings than many trisuits. As long as the suit is a skin-tight fit there shouldn't be issues. I see folks with loose tops (ex. bike jerseys) doing this and just wince.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply