Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri suit
Quote | Reply
After a couple years in my Pearl Izumi PRO top and bottom combo that I bought on uber clearance so it's not perfectly sized... I've decided maybe it's time for a face lift on my gear (nothing wrong with the old ones just want something new) and I've decided to try a one piece for shorter events, and do the whole full change for IMMT later this year. Any recommendations on the seemingly endless and over whelming suits out there?

Sleeves vs sleeveless?

Brand recommendations?

How's the padding compared to standard tri shorts?

I'd like to keep it fairly cheap if possible.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Tri suit [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kiwami Spider LD Aero has sleeves. It has tested fast on a lot of people and is a really great suit.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fit.

That is whichever one you are most comfortable and fit your body shape best.

I've tried Orca, Endura, Bioracer and Fusion.
I've found the Fusion Speed Suit to be the best fitting, most functional (leg pockets easily accessible), most comfortable and most aero for me.

The last point is not wind tunnel tested, but based off fit and zero creases by arm area compared to the others. It seems to be made of slightly better material to fit my body shape and thus is the one for me.
The others were either too lose on neck, too tight on shoulders and neck etc so shows all individual per your body shape imo.

Unfortunately you won't know until you try but I highly recommend the fusion to be on your list.

I'd go sleeves based on long distance sun protection and aero benefits.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going to go out on a limb and say anything is going to feel better than bottoms you've been wearing for the past few years.

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri suit [way2sloow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
way2sloow wrote:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say anything is going to feel better than bottoms you've been wearing for the past few years.

The bottoms actually feel great. They're nice merteral but a little loose at the bottom of the leg, and it's been a while since I've bought a new race suit.
In Reply To:

Quote Reply
Re: Tri suit [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Kiwami Spider LD Aero has sleeves.

He did say he was trying to keep it fairly cheap. Kiwami is good stuff. However, $300+ does not fit my definition of "fairly cheap."

To the OP, Swimoutlet has some tri suits from last year discounted. Signup for email gets you an additional 10% off. They offer free shipping over a certain amount. I don't know if they still do this, however, they used to also offer an additional percentage off for choosing the cheapest free shipping method. If you have a credit card that can handle the balance, order a couple and see which one fits best.

Other retailers probably also have last year's stock at discount as well, including Kiwami:
https://www.kiwamitri.com/sale-s/1857.htm

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Last edited by: Tri3: Mar 16, 17 7:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also looking for a tri suit now.

Roka has a well-looking and comfortable one (there's a discussion about it in other thread). But the price is kinda high for me.
Also have anyone tried Compressport TR3 top and shorts? Is it good for an Ironman distance?
Last edited by: NickMa: Mar 16, 17 8:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the past couple of years I've been wearing a Pearl Izumi Octane sleeved suit. As mentioned above I also go for the sleeved version for sun protection. The PI was getting a little worn so I recently bought a Kiwami.

I tried on Roka and Desoto, but I am between sizes with their products. One size was too tight around my neck and shoulder. When I sized up it was too loose around the legs and baggy (if you can really call it baggy)...they didn't give me that snug fit.

So far with some long rides on the trainer, the Kiwami has felt very comfy. I went with the RIO LD Aero @ $199. (It has nice water repellant feature...the first time I wore it and rinsed it off, I thought I wore the swim skin I purchased.) I used this discount code: https://www.bw-tri.com/discounts

Most of the companies have good return policies, so order a few, try them on. Good luck & have fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri suit [NickMa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NickMa wrote:
Also looking for a tri suit now.

Roka has a well-looking and comfortable one (there's a discussion about it in other thread). But the price is kinda high for me.
Also have anyone tried Compressport TR3 top and shorts? Is it good for an Ironman distance?

The Roka sure does look bad ass... I've thought of going with it even though it's pretty expensive. Yesterday I also stumbled upon this https://www.amazon.com/...thlon+suit&psc=1 anyone have any experience or thoughts on them?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You almost can't go wrong with the Louis Garneau M-2 Course tri suit. Single piece suit that works more like top/bottom kit with the single front zipper and an accessible overlap at the top-front of shorts. This suit is proven to test fast for most people.

There are deals to be found on last year's models. $299 retail with current online sales at Backcountry/CompetitiveCyclist at $149 for S/M/XL sizes left in stock. They seem to run a little large for any given size. Highly recommended.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a HUUB DS Long Course one piece that I am really liking so far.
Not the most or least expensive I have seen.
Things I like:
The high evaporation cooling fabric REALLY works. I don't ride this on my trainer much because it gets positively cold. Should be nice for long events in the heat.
The chamois is great. It is in a different position, much more forward than usual, but when you're in the aero bike position it sits perfectly. And you don't have the big butt pad getting in your way for the swim or run. Overall my favorite chamois for any tri gear that I've tried.
It does have sleeves, which I wanted. Partly for the sunburn protection, partly for aero. Glad I made this call.
I got the green one. I've heard the white one is very see-through when wet (the lower part is black on either one, so it's probably still OK)

hey, look, good news: apparently the green one isn't selling well, and it's $34 cheaper than the other colors!
http://www.wiggle.com/huub-long-course-suit/
Do note on this web site they're not being clear about the DS long course suits vs. the regular (not Dave Scott branded) long course suits. They're both by HUUB, probably both pretty good, but the DS models do have some added features you may or may not care about. This green one in the link is a DS model but isn't labelled as such on the web site.

One other thing: I'm XL or L for most brands, but according to their size chart I was XXL. I followed the instructions like a good boy and it does fit me.
Last edited by: alathIN: Mar 16, 17 14:11
Quote Reply
Re: Tri suit [NickMa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've tried the Compressport TR3 top /shorts combo and have been really impressed. The fit is really good and the material is top quality. I liked it so much that ive updated my 3 y/o kit with a red short/white top combo for 2017.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris MacDonald's BSG apparel is amazing. Super nice and they can customize anything.

Team Zoot 2023
Last edited by: aerobean: Mar 21, 17 22:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I personally really like Wattie Ink gear for cycling and tri. Tri short chamois is comfortable but not bulky. The tri tops have nice deep pockets, better than most other brands I've tried.

But cheap it ain't.

Don't drown. Don't crash. Don't walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri suit [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where did you get the Bioracer suit from?
Quote Reply
Re: Tri suit [56-11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
56-11 wrote:
Where did you get the Bioracer suit from?

Not the answer you want but they had a stand at Roth Expo last year.

However if you Google there are a few online retailers that sell and ship them. You may need the translate feature!
Quote Reply
Re: Tri suit [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you ever need another one...

http://www.belgiumbike.com/...acer-1/triathlonsuit

They are the official US importer for Bioracer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did my first couple half IM in a Desoto Forza. Rreally comfortable, no chafing and looked good (cause that's what really matters right? lol)
Quote Reply