Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri shoes in 4E?
Quote | Reply
I'm having a hard time finding a triathlon bike shoe that will fit my unusual shaped feet.

I normally wear a 11.5-12 Extra Wide shoe. I know about the Sidi Megas but I'm looking for a tri shoe....anyone have any luck? The top of my foot is also a bit tall which adds to the issue.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Tri shoes in 4E? [jagerbombster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jagerbombster wrote:
I'm having a hard time finding a triathlon bike shoe that will fit my unusual shaped feet.

I normally wear a 11.5-12 Extra Wide shoe. I know about the Sidi Megas but I'm looking for a tri shoe....anyone have any luck? The top of my foot is also a bit tall which adds to the issue.

Thanks!

Bont, they'll make them for you. A bit pricey but worth every penny.

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: Tri shoes in 4E? [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wear a 4E also and the lakes fit me perfect.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri shoes in 4E? [loutriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haven't tried those. I'll have to find a shop that carries them.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Tri shoes in 4E? [loutriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which lakes do you have?
Quote Reply
Re: Tri shoes in 4E? [Tomato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tomato wrote:
Which lakes do you have?
212 I think.
I think I bought them here last year.
http://www.stage-race.com/shophome/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for Lakes. I have 4E feet and bought mine at Carbon Connection, but unfortunately that place seems to have closed down.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got my Lake wide tri shoes from TriVillage

http://www.trivillage.com/

They always have a sale going. If you don't see a sale online, call and ask for a discount. They are great for anything tri related. They sent me two pairs at 20% off and paid shipping each way . Great store to deal with.

And they sponsor races in the Miami area.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also wear 4E and wear lake tri shoes. I bought mine off of their ebay store. Just did a 70.3 in them and they felt great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My feet are wide and in the end I made my own shoes using a set of old carbon bases and a running shoe upper, then covered with a cut down overshoe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for Lake, I'm using the 212 in a wide and they are by far the best shoes I have had for my wide feet. I got mine off Amazon, but you can buy direct from them as they are hard to find. They have a sizing guide that worked perfectly for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri shoes in 4E? [thebigbadox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guess I'll have to order online....I can't find a dealer around that carries the tri shoes.

Weird thing is that I used their measurement guide on the website and it states the length of my foot is about 2 sizes smaller (US) than I normally wear. I'm currently wearing a 46.5, according to the chart I would be a 42.5.

Do you order the same size as you wear normally? Do they tend to run larger than normal?

Thanks for the info
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I ordered a size and a half down from my normal running shoe size. I have had zero rubbing issues and plenty of room in the toe box. I'm not sure of Lake's return policy but the chart did me well. I had a good customer service experience with them, so I don't think you would have too much trouble with ordering through them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone else find the Lake shoes hard to get in and out of. I've done three races with them. They fit me just right and are the most comfortable bike shoes I've ever had. I haven't tried leaving them attached to the pedals. To me, so far, they are just hard to get in and out of.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Tri shoes in 4E? [thebigbadox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Appreciate the info....going to try them out. My feet are tired of being squished.
Quote Reply