Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Tri Cycling Shoes in wide?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know of any tri-specific cycling shoes that come in wide sizes? I currently ride in the Pearl Izumi Tri-Fly III and feel they are too narrow in the toe box for my anatomy.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Cycling Shoes in wide? [Sutterj1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not entirely sure if the LG Tri Lite shoes are the widest out there but I switched to those because they felt a lot wider in the toe box than my Shimano TR51. LG products are pretty good and love the shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As mentioned above, LG tends to run on the wider end. I would also suggest the Bont Riot TR's. Northwave if you can find them tend to have a wider toe-box as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's been a couple of threads on this over the last year or so........and the answer is always, no. Not really. Nothing short of custom is out there from the major manufactures in a true "wide" size. Us 2-4E guys pretty much ride Sidi's Mega's.

CC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just ordered a pair of Lake tx 222. They supposedly run wide. Lake has also announced that they are making wide shoes this year- I tried to order those through an LBS, but they said they won't be available until March.

Northwave also run wide, but I haven't been able to get the proper fit with their tri shoes-I wear them for my cycling shoes.

http://www.savagesentiments.blogspot.com/
http://www.tricoachmartin.com/
https://www.facebook.com/teameverymanjack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Narrow is more aero, so man up and squeeze in there little ballerina!
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Cycling Shoes in wide? [cloesch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have "big ol' wide flipper feet" and am a +1 for LG......

http://rogersroadrash.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a really arrow shaped foot...narrow heal and very wide toebox area. I find that Shimano tri shoes are the only ones that work for me. They are wide enough and I don't have to cinch them down to compress my toebox. I had some regular shimano road cycling shoes that were too narrow, but all their tri shoes seem to work good for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Cycling Shoes in wide? [tc_tri_texan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a reasonably wide forefoot and don't get on with many shoes, but Northwave seem to fit - they not sized as wide, but just seem to have a bit more room at the front. Really happy with my tributes, they are great shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Northwave and shimano run wide.
Sidi mega as stated.
Bont also do a wide fit.

Beyond that you may be best going custom.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bont
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Cycling Shoes in wide? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have wide feet , the best shoes i have found based on 30 years are carnac .
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Cycling Shoes in wide? [AndresLD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed on the LG shoes. I have very wide feet but find the LG tri shoes very comfortable.

Quote | Reply
beachedbeluga wrote:
I just ordered a pair of Lake tx 222. They supposedly run wide. Lake has also announced that they are making wide shoes this year- I tried to order those through an LBS, but they said they won't be available until March.

Northwave also run wide, but I haven't been able to get the proper fit with their tri shoes-I wear them for my cycling shoes.

Where did you order your Lake TX222 shoes? This company has the worst distribution ever. I live in NY and it is impossible finding their products.

I'll be in Amsterdam on Tuesday and thought I'd even be willing to pay euros for the shoes to get them now. I mean, Lake is a Dutch company, one would figure Dutch dealers would be stocking, right? Nope.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Cycling Shoes in wide? [multisport4me] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Contact Lake cycling on Facebook, they have been very helpful there with me. I wear a 4E and they have been the only tri-specific shoe I have found so far. Let me know how it goes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered them from carbon connection- google them. The shop owner called me and told me they already run wide, so he sent me their normal width shoes. They were wide enough in the fore foot, but too wide in the heel- my heel slips. Any ideas on how to fix this?

http://www.savagesentiments.blogspot.com/
http://www.tricoachmartin.com/
https://www.facebook.com/teameverymanjack
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Cycling Shoes in wide? [beachedbeluga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beachedbeluga wrote:
I ordered them from carbon connection- google them. The shop owner called me and told me they already run wide, so he sent me their normal width shoes. They were wide enough in the fore foot, but too wide in the heel- my heel slips. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks, I have an email into Carbon Connection to see if they are stocking. I have 4E feet as well - Fred Flintstone feet. It sucks finding bike shoes and not being able to buy tri-running shoes, like Newtons. I use Bont Sub-8 wides now and they can get pretty tight on longer rides and they are Speedplay specific. I really want to move to a new pedal but finding a shoe that really fits is pretty tough. Hoping the Lake TX222 will finally be my excuse to dump Speedplay.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where did you order your Lake TX222 shoes? This company has the worst distribution ever. I live in NY and it is impossible finding their products.

I'll be in Amsterdam on Tuesday and thought I'd even be willing to pay euros for the shoes to get them now. I mean, Lake is a Dutch company, one would figure Dutch dealers would be stocking, right? Nope.

You' re right. In Amsterdam you will not find a Lake TX 222 dealer, heck we are probably the only one in the region of Amsterdam. What s your current shoe and size? Not all sizes are avaiable yet, but if you let me know I can check it out for you. We get some new sizes in on tuesday as well. Are you only in Amsterdam on Tuesday?
Maybe I can help you out.

Email me on hilversum@tri-run.com.

Regards,

Jeroen

Tri-Run.com / .nl

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Cycling Shoes in wide? [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
any updates on this?
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Cycling Shoes in wide? [loutriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the tip about Lake. I was considering the SIDIs, but they don't do Mega in tri shoes. I do agree with the posts above though that their distribution sucks.

EDIT: I wear a 10.5 4E shoe, so most of the time a shoe that simply "runs wide" won't work. I need a shoe specifically made to be wider.
Last edited by: Meathead: Jun 4, 14 13:55
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Cycling Shoes in wide? [Meathead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Louis Garneau Tri 300 shoe runs pretty wide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My new Lake TX222 shoes came in today from Carbon Connection & I could not be happier. They fit my wide foot perfectly & are comfy with no socks. The two velcro straps make them perfectly adjustable across the toebox and the top. No hot spots that I can tell without socks, but I haven't worn them on the bike yet.

I highly suggest using the foot measurement chart (http://wp.me/P3LUaZ-2k) and sizing chart (http://wp.me/P3LUaZ-2g) on Lake's website. You trace the outline of both feet & measure at the widest points from side to side & heel to toe & then compare those measurements to the chart. I paid particular attention to the width over the length. I ended up getting a 44 wide even though I wear a 10.5 4E & that translates to a 44.5 in Euro sizing & they are great.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Cycling Shoes in wide? [Meathead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One pair that I have finally found are the Bont tri shoes, I got a deal on some sub 8's but the are wider than any other brand I have rode. Plus the sub 8's are moldable. If you go this route find a place to try them on first, their sizing is way off. I am normally like 45, and these I had to go up to 47.5 to fit in the length.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best ones that sort of worked for me were Shimano and some '05 LG, but on longer rides my nerves were compressed. I ended up ordering custom shoes from D2. Being a women with wide feet I can order men's shoes, but often they do not make them small enough to fit my feet. I would end up buying to big of shoes to get extra width that didn't really help the problem.
Quote Reply

Prev Next