Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
TriRig front brake cove question... UPDATE
Quote | Reply
The cover on my TriRig front brake doesn't seem to fit right. There is a large gap at the top. Magnet's hold strong at bottom but there's a gap I don't see on other people's bike with same brakes.

The reason the front brake cover will not fit properly is the bottom tab is too long pushing it out causing the giant Gap at the top. Taking a small Dremel tool and taking off about a 16th of the tab makes it fit perfectly no reason to get a replacement.
Last edited by: Fishbum: Jul 30, 17 15:52
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig front brake cove question [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is how mine sits.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Last edited by: Morelock: Jun 25, 17 8:32
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig front brake cove question [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like the cable is pushing it out. Take a pic with the cover off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:
This is how mine sits.

Mine is a little worse. But yes that's what I'm dealing with.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig front brake cove question [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, I always cut them flush with the wedge, just sits that way.
Post a pic, grills suggestion is probably right in most cases, at least the best place to start.

I don't think on mine its sitting out abnormally from the ones I've worked on

Last edited by: Morelock: Jun 25, 17 8:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of mine used to be the same. Contact TR and ask for a new cover. If they don't get you one, which might be 50/50 let me know as I have a spare.

One of us has to look after you ;)

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig front brake cove question [JayPeeWhy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JayPeeWhy wrote:
One of mine used to be the same. Contact TR and ask for a new cover. If they don't get you one, which might be 50/50 let me know as I have a spare.

One of us has to look after you ;)

I'm glad someone one will.
Ty.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

So you guys mean this is not normal?
It can be pushed flush but then you feel the magnet disconnecting. Guess it's just the magnets are glued in not 100% right. I'm glad it stays on though.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig front brake cove question [shoki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As was requested of the OP, take a picture without the cover on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, I've got the same problem with mine, both back and front. The top pops open after a few squeezes of the brake lever. Bottom attachment points at the magnets are strongly in place. That gap just doesn't strike me as very aero.

I contacted TriRig. They wanted video before doing anything. I can't do video.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig front brake cove question [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You don't have a phone?

All these problems sound like the cable hasn't been cut short enough and is impacting the cover.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope, no video on the phone. Speakerphones tend not to have them. And the cable length is just fine--plenty short. I do know how to follow install directions.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And yet you haven't thought of asking a friend or family member to record said issue...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really? You're questioning me about access to video? Seriously, go find something else to do.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You state that you have the same as issue as the OP and TriRig want video to confirm/remote diagnose (this is reasonable as it's likely it's an issue with installation as opposed to QC), but you're unwilling to take the very basic, and not to mention easy, step of providing them with said video.

Am I missing something? You've posted pics in the past, so I can't see why video is an issue. Can you post a picture with the cover off so we can take a look?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here you got those requested, I don't see anything abnormal there

-shoki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pic one looks like a cable tip sticking out below the wedge. Or is that an optical illusion?

Here's a picture of mine with no cover

Last edited by: Morelock: Jun 26, 17 13:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like that to me too. I have to original brake and if I don't cut it to like 3mm below the wedge I cannot get the cover to sit flush but when it is cut short it sits perfectly. Also looks like he has a cable end on it too which might be the issue as well.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's why I took the 2nd picture from the side where you don't see anything sticking out.
Can shorten it but to me it doesn't seem to be in the way.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
shoki wrote:
That's why I took the 2nd picture from the side where you don't see anything sticking out.
Can shorten it but to me it doesn't seem to be in the way.
Hi Shoki,
The users here generally have it right. But you sound like you might still be slightly confused. The issue isn't with cable sticking FORWARD. You're correct that you appear to have no cable going forward. The issue is with cable sticking DOWN and contacting the lower curved surface of the Front Plate - the one that sits just above the tire. Contact with that surface can easily cause the Front Plate to move.

An easy test (someone may have mentioned this already) is to squeeze your brakes up and down a few times. If you see any Front Plate wiggle, it's a pretty sure bet that cable contact is the culprit.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, you went through my posts to see if I had posted pics? What is your investment in this?

You're the only one that brought up "QC." I don't know what the issue is with the cover. I know I have the required 3mm clearance from the bottom of the hanger plate. I don't need to post a pic to assess that. (And pics certainly are a different animal than video.)

Now if you want to talk about "QC," the hanger plate stop inner diameter on my Omega X is too small to hold a standard brake housing ferrule. TriRig response was to go without a ferrule.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In other words, cut that cable tip (and ferrule) off. The cover is hitting it.

Quote Reply
Re: TriRig front brake cove question [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As several people asked about photos I'm having problems posting from my phone. However my cable is cut flush it is not touching anything and I have a drastic Gap at the top it is installed correctly I've checked with several people and the professional who installed it out myself. There is something else Happening Here any other solutions would be welcome
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
Wow, you went through my posts to see if I had posted pics? What is your investment in this?

You're the only one that brought up "QC." I don't know what the issue is with the cover. I know I have the required 3mm clearance from the bottom of the hanger plate. I don't need to post a pic to assess that. (And pics certainly are a different animal than video.)

Now if you want to talk about "QC," the hanger plate stop inner diameter on my Omega X is too small to hold a standard brake housing ferrule. TriRig response was to go without a ferrule.

The reason I took all of 20 seconds of my life to find if you'd posted a pic was simply because I couldn't believe in this day and age an STer doesn't have a smartphone (especially considering you receive post alerts). Curiosity and all that...

Don't see the issue with not using a ferrule (no issues with the half dozen of them I've owned anyway, plus you can remove the hanger), and if you've used some of the TRP brakes or anything integrated, you'll appreciate the simplicity and effectiveness of the Alpha X. I love a good whinge as much as the next person, but I really don't understand the point of bringing up an issue if you won't take basic steps to rectify it.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig front brake cove question [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Delay for CET zone.
Cut it short, doesn't touch the cover inside.
If I press the upper of the cover to close the gap you can see and hear how the lower is disconnecting from the magnet a little. With little road ride it would move right way back.
It's a little over a millimeter what doesn't destroy my bike split I guess.

-shoki
Quote Reply

Prev Next