Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TriRig Sigma versus Profile Design Aeria versus ....
Quote | Reply
Building a Speed Concept 7 with steering stub and considering a nice stem for a more integrated front end. I have owned Sigma in the past so I know it well and have been following the new Aeria from ST thread. Any Aeria owners out there with Sigma knowledge, the nearly $100 price differential in favor of Aeria has me more than curious.

Unless I am missing something they appear to be feature matched save the custom spacers for the Sigma, which I do not need. Pro missile stem seems out of the running at its price point.

Cheers!
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Sigma versus Profile Design Aeria versus .... [ktm520] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Keep an eye out for the Culprit stem too. Not released yet but will have integrated cable stop and cable routing.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Sigma versus Profile Design Aeria versus .... [benb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, didn't know about this one and do not know the company. I will say I would have some concerns with a Gen I stem of this type (personal experience) until it has been "market tested".
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Sigma versus Profile Design Aeria versus .... [ktm520] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You might also want to consider the Enve stem once they sell it separately from the bar system.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aeria is awful. Didn't matter how much fibergrip I used or how high I torqued the bolts, my bars would slip. Sigma X has been fantastic. Got the Enve stem coming so will have to see of it was worth the money. Also had a couple of PRO Missile stems and can't fault them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Out of curiosity, why not upgrade to the 7.5/9.0 cockpit? Probably similar coin to what you're looking at and it's really really nice.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Sigma versus Profile Design Aeria versus .... [benb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the shout out

I am riding the first riding sample that has now passed EN fatigue testing. Waiting on a few more full cnc samples to do our launch video and will be launching on Indigogo come October for pre order funding.

Also, have an aero bar clip on with tilt design via 31.8 mm clamp we will release at same time, New drop bars and a cool multi tool bag all for offer on campaign.

Here is our updates on the stem. Cover, still finalizing material, either ABS plastic or carbon, Pending on mold fees and unit pricing.....

https://www.facebook.com/...sts/1501966753216252

Stem is full routing inside stem yet not locked inside. Unfortunately, its not the lightest stem. when we get to forged body will try to reduce weight. but full cnc strength is different. Roughly 350 grams assembled as shown for 110 mm,

Hides shimano 5 port, 3 port inside cover and also has option for new bar end option full accessible from outside non drive side in cover. etc.

Keep following us for more.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Sigma versus Profile Design Aeria versus .... [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to give you a bump for the multitool. First time I saw that I was in love 😍 I'm kind of a multitool junky....
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Sigma versus Profile Design Aeria versus .... [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will this be able to route mechanical?

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Sigma versus Profile Design Aeria versus .... [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. Shifter cable depends on your stack nd extension set up but if run right both shifter and brake lines can run into stem for tri.

Road bike no issues.

Forgive rough 3d version but shows how

https://gzmyu4ma9b-flywheel.netdna-ssl.com/...routing-teaser-3.jpg
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Sigma versus Profile Design Aeria versus .... [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have stub and 3t bars, so it is actually closer and less costly to go this route. I would prefer to go with Trek bontrager by landing some used stuff, but Gen II used supplies are hard to come by and the cost of new cockpit from Trek is way over budget.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Sigma versus Profile Design Aeria versus .... [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks the Enve Stem looks nice and certainly some history there, you were able to purchase stem separately?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I had someone who does a lot of work with Enve call them up to get one. Arrived today. Nice piece of kit, but weight reminds me of the Plasma 3 TT stem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
culpritbicycles wrote:
Thanks for the shout out

I am riding the first riding sample that has now passed EN fatigue testing. Waiting on a few more full cnc samples to do our launch video and will be launching on Indigogo come October for pre order funding.

Also, have an aero bar clip on with tilt design via 31.8 mm clamp we will release at same time, New drop bars and a cool multi tool bag all for offer on campaign.

Here is our updates on the stem. Cover, still finalizing material, either ABS plastic or carbon, Pending on mold fees and unit pricing.....

https://www.facebook.com/...sts/1501966753216252

Stem is full routing inside stem yet not locked inside. Unfortunately, its not the lightest stem. when we get to forged body will try to reduce weight. but full cnc strength is different. Roughly 350 grams assembled as shown for 110 mm,

Hides shimano 5 port, 3 port inside cover and also has option for new bar end option full accessible from outside non drive side in cover. etc.

Keep following us for more.

Size to be available and estimated release date?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Sigma versus Profile Design Aeria versus .... [Juanmoretime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funding goal on indigogo will be for first 4 sizes. 90,100,110,120 mm
Crowd fund launch mid October. 35 day campaign to fund it. Then 4 months safe prediction for delivery.

Feb/March 2018
Quote Reply