Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TriRig Omega SV and Specialized Transition- Need adaptor posts for the fork?
Quote | Reply
I picked up a TriRig Omega SV for my Specialized Transition.

Took the stock brakes off of the fork. Expected to see posts left behind that the Omega SV would slide onto. Instead, I see....holes. The bolts on the stock brakes are made long enough to pass through the brakes and into the fork.

I need some kind of adaptor posts, I'm guessing, to insert into the fork and then slide the Omega SV brakes onto that.

Anyone else been through this? If so, where did you find the adaptor posts and were there any other hangups with installation? I really want to use the TriRig stuff but, at this point, it's just sitting in the box collecting dust.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

"Outwork your talent." Kevin McHale
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Omega SV and Specialized Transition- Need adaptor posts for the fork? [morpheus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any specialized dealer should have the posts. You need them for the current Shiv tri (except the S-Works version, which uses an adaptor plate + Magura brakes).

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Omega SV and Specialized Transition- Need adaptor posts for the fork? [morpheus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I scored some of the posts from TRP. Can't hurt to check your local Spec'd dealer. I for one had zero luck finding them in the Phoenix area, but that was tad back. Seems the TRP style is a tad more prevalent now and you may have better luck.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Omega SV and Specialized Transition- Need adaptor posts for the fork? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what I thought, too. So far, no luck. I'll keep trying.

good luck with the home stretch to the year.

Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Omega SV and Specialized Transition- Need adaptor posts for the fork? [RyuTan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
will give it a shot. thx.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Tririg SV front on my transition and I don't recall any issues other than needing a washer/spacer to move it a tad away from the head tube. had it done at my LBS when they were doing my annual overhaul. they are a specialized dealer
Quote Reply